From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||8th century BC – 7th century BC – 6th century BC|
|Decades:||710s BC 700s BC 690s BC – 680s BC – 670s BC 660s BC 650s BC|
|Years:||689 BC 688 BC 687 BC 686 BC 685 BC 684 BC 683 BC 682 BC 681 BC 680 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends
- 689 BC—King Sennacherib of Assyria sacks Babylon.
- 687 BC—Gyges becomes king of Lydia.
- 685 BC- Chalcedon became a Greek colony.
- 682 BC—Death of Zhou zhuang wang, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 681 BC—Esarhaddon succeeds Sennacherib as king of Assyria.
- c. 680 BC—A meteor disaster on the Estonian island of Saaremaa, forming the Kaali crater.