ACG Parnell College
|ACG Parnell College|
"Reaching For The Stars"
|2 Titoki Street / 39 George Street
|Type||Private co-educational composite (Years 1-13) school|
|Ministry of Education Institution no.||2085|
ACG Parnell College is an independent co-educational facility and is part of the Academic Colleges Group, whose New Zealand schools are members of the Independent Schools of New Zealand (ISNZ). The school is located in the Auckland City suburb of Parnell, New Zealand close to numerous Auckland Motorways. The school offers the University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) and is a member of the Association of Cambridge Schools in New Zealand.
ACG Parnell College (formerly ACG Junior College) was founded in 1998 and originally provided education for students in Years 7 to 10. In 2007 the College was redeveloped, renamed and expanded to offer places at Years 1 to 13.
Mr Larne Edmeades is the school's current Principal. He was appointed as Principal in 2005, he has worked with staff to establish and develop the new ACG campus.
The Principal is in charge of the Primary School and specifically, the College. The College is also run by two Deputy Principals and an Assistant Principal. The Primary School is run by a Principal and two Deans.
Aside from Deans, administrative and support staff, the school employs approximately 50-60 teachers.
Curriculum and Standards
Through the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) curriculum a high standard of education and discovery is ensured for students. This was confirmed through the most recent Education Review Office report as found on their website.
Uniform is compulsory for all students up to Year 12. Year 13 students may choose to wear uniform or mufti.
Each College teacher is responsible for a vertical tutor group comprising students from Years 7 to 13. Tutor meetings occur roughly once in a fortnight and cover examinations, goal-setting, important events and checking the student homework diary is up to standard.
- "New Zealand Schools - Education Counts". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 9 September 2011.
- "ISNZ". isnz.org.nz. Independent Schools of New Zealand. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- "Association of Cambridge Schools in New Zealand". acsnz.org.nz. ACSNZ. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "ACG Parnell College History". acgedu.com. Academic Colleges Group. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Larne Edmeades - ACG Parnell College". acgedu.com. Academic Colleges Group. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "ACG Parnell College Staff". acgedu.com. Academic Colleges Group. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Education Review Office". ero.govt.nz. ERO. Retrieved 10 February 2012.
- "ACG Parnell College". Uniform. Academic Colleges Group. Retrieved 6 February 2012.