||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2011)|
February 2014 cover of ARTnews
|Frequency||Published 11 times a year|
|Founder||James Clarence Hyde|
|Based in||New York|
ARTnews covers art from ancient to contemporary times. It includes news dispatches from correspondents, investigative reports, reviews of exhibitions, and profiles of artists and collectors.
ARTnews publisher is Milton Esterow, a former New York Times culture reporter. Its executive director is Robin Cembalest. ARTnews critics and correspondents include Arthur Danto, Linda Yablonsky, Barbara Pollock, Hilarie Sheets, Yale School of Art dean Robert Storr, Doug McClemont and MoMA director Glenn D. Lowry.
ARTnews has won 45 awards in the last three decades, including the George Polk Award, the National Magazine Award for General Excellence, the National Headliner Award, and the National Arts Club Distinguished Citation for Merit.
ARTnews has been quoted on occasion by other media.[clarification needed]
- "Alliance for Audited Media Snapshot Report - 6/30/2013". Alliance for Audited Media. June 30, 2013. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- "Robin Cemablest". Tablet magazine. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- 'The Most Influential Americans in Art', New York Magazine, 7 May 2006. Retrieved 6 December 2007.
- New York Times, 2007: Donors Sweetened Director's Pay At MoMA, a February 2007 article from The New York Times
- Compiled by RACHEL LEE HARRIS (July 5, 2009). "Report Finds Abundance of Fake Russian Paintings". The New York Times. Russia. Retrieved December 4, 2011.
- Billions (June 23, 2010). "Billionaire Art Aficionados". Forbes. Retrieved December 4, 2011.
- Harris, Marlys (July 3, 2007). "How to marry a billionaire". CNN. Retrieved December 4, 2011.
- "L.A. billionaires among ARTnews' top 200 collectors for 2010". Los Angeles Times. June 30, 2010. Retrieved December 4, 2011.
- "ARTnews Names Top 200 Collectors". The New York Sun. June 27, 2008. Retrieved December 4, 2011.
- Sandler, Linda (October 30, 2007). "BARTnews List of Famous Future Artists". Bloomberg. Retrieved December 4, 2011.
- "The nouveau fakes: Russian avant-garde forgeries". The Independent. UK. August 16, 2009. Retrieved December 4, 2011.
- "Kim Chang-il among world’s top 200 collectors". The Korea Herald (in (Korean)). July 28, 2010. Retrieved December 4, 2011.
|This article relating to a magazine connected with the visual arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.