Abandon Your Friends
|Abandon Your Friends|
|Studio album by From Autumn to Ashes|
|Released||August 30, 2005|
|Genre||Metalcore, screamo, emo, post-hardcore|
|From Autumn to Ashes chronology|
|Singles from Abandon Your Friends|
Abandon Your Friends is the third full-length album by American screamo band, From Autumn to Ashes. Released on August 30, 2005, it is the band's second album on Vagrant Records. It was last studio album of vocalist Benjamin Perri.
The album shows a slight departure from their traditional sound. The CD has an increased focus on drummer/vocalist, Francis Mark; after the release of the album it was confirmed by the band (after Benjamin Perri had left) that this was due to Ben not contributing as much lyrically or vocally to the album as with previous efforts, and his discontent about being in the band at the time. The album lyrics were mainly written by the band without Benjamin Perri, which may explain why the lyrics have a different slant on them than previous FATA albums. Also contrary to their previous two albums, Melanie Wills of One True Thing is absent on this release.
Background and release
It has also been said that Josh Eppard of Coheed and Cambria is responsible for naming the song "Placentapede". It was said that when at a festival with Coheed & Cambria, FATA planned to play the song live, and they didn't have a name for it because the album wasn't out yet and the song was still in its early stages. They went to Coheed and Cambria's bus and asked Josh what was the first thing that came to mind, and he responded with "Placentapede".
After the release of the album, From Autumn to Ashes recorded the video for "Where Do You Draw The Line."
The artwork on this album was done by artist Chuck Anderson.
All music composed by From Autumn to Ashes. All lyrics by Francis Mark except where noted.
|1.||"Where Do You Draw the Line"||4:28|
|6.||"The Funny Thing About Getting Pistol Whipped Is..."||2:41|
|8.||"Kansas City 90210"||4:00|
|9.||"Short for Show"||Francis Mark, Jonathon Cox||4:01|
|10.||"Long to Go"||4:29|
|11.||"Jack + Ginger"||Francis Mark, Benjamin Perri||2:49|
|12.||"Abandon Your Friends"||4:03|
Credits adapted from AllMusic.
- From Autumn to Ashes
- Francis Mark – drums, clean vocals
- Brian Deneeve – guitar, piano, backing vocals
- Benjamin Perri – unclean vocals
- Jon Cox – guitar
- Josh Newton – bass, backing vocals
- Additional personnel
- Chuck Anderson – Artwork, design
- Eric Armstrong – Assistant engineer
- Chris Crippin – Drum technician
- GGGarth – Audio production, producer, backing vocals
- Ben Kaplan – Digital editing, programming
- Richard Leighton – Guitar technician
- Dean Maher – Audio engineer, engineer
- Brian McTernan – Editing, engineer
- James Morin – Assistant engineer
- Irene Richter – Management
- Rob Stephanson – Assistant engineer
- Andy VanDette – Digital editing
- Howie Weinberg – Mastering
- Josh Wilbur – Engineer, mixing
- "AllMusic Review". AllMusic. August 30, 2005. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- "Punknews Review". Punknews. September 30, 2005. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- Chris Harris, "That Haunted Sound On From Autumn To Ashes' New LP Is No Accident", mtv.com, July 13, 2005.
- Chuck Anderson's website
- "Abandon Your Friends - Credits". AllMusic. August 30, 2005. Retrieved February 24, 2014.