Abdullah bin Nasser bin Abdullah Al Ahmed Al Thani
Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Abdullah Al Ahmed Al Thani (Arabic: الشيخ عبد الله بن ناصر بن عبد الله الأحمد آل ثاني) (born 29 September 1969) is a Qatari businessman. He was appointed a non-executive member of Board of Directors of Doha Bank on June 3, 1996 and is also a member of the board of Nasser Bin Abdulla & Sons Group. Sheikh Abdullah is from the Qatari ruling family and a distant relative of Qatar's current ruler Sheikh Hamad and owns the Spanish La Liga football club Málaga CF as well as several thoroughbred racing horses.
According to the Royal Ark website, he is the great-grandson of Ahmed bin Muhammed Al Thani, the brother of later emir Jassim bin Mohammed Al Thani and son of Hakim Mohammed bin Thani. His father, Nasser bin Abdullah bin Ahmed Al Thani, was the chairman of Nasser bin Abdulla & Sons Group and after he died in 1990 chairmanship of the Group was bequeathed to his son Abdullah.
In June 2010, Sheikh Abdullah bought Málaga CF from Lorenzo Sanz, whose son Fernando Sanz and president of the club at the time, controlled with total management the acquisition. The reported price was €36 million. Sheikh Abdullah has been quoted as saying, in anticipation of the 2022 FIFA World Cup to be held in Qatar, he had hoped to have European clubs branch into the Persian Gulf market.
- "Governance Report". Doha Bank. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- "The arrival of H.H. Shaikh Abdullah Al-Thani opens a new and exciting stage for Málaga Club de Fútbol". Málaga CF. 25 June 2010. Archived from the original on 29 June 2010. Retrieved 18 July 2010.
- "Qatari Sheikh Al-Thani buys Malaga football club". Reuters. 26 June 2010. Retrieved 18 July 2010.
- Qatar Equestrian Federation - v1.0 «BETA PREVIEW»
- Horse data
- Puerto Al-Thani.com - Marbella Port to be redeveloped and renamed Puerto Al-Thani
- (the project & news)
|This Qatari biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|