||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
Abhinav Kashyap at an event for Besharam, September 2013
|Born||Obra, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Occupation||film director, screenwriter|
|Relatives||Anurag Kashyap (brother)
Anubhuti Kashyap (sister)
Abhinav Kashyap was born in Obra, Uttar Pradesh where his father, worked for the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation. He is an alumnus of The Scindia School, Gwalior and completed his graduation in English Hons from Hansraj College, University of Delhi in 1995. He is the younger brother of director Anurag Kashyap and Anubhuti Kashyap.
Abhinav Kashyap is married to the writer Chatura Rao and lives in Mumbai with his two daughters.
Before entering the film industry, he worked in several Indian television serials.
In 2000, he was involved in writing the script of the film Jung. He worked as an assistant to film maker Mani Ratnam for the film Yuva (2004). He also wrote dialogue for the films Manorama Six Feet Under (2007) and 13B (2009). He made his debut as a director in the 2010 action film Dabangg, which he also co-wrote, along with Dilip Shukla. Bollywood actor Salman Khan and debutant actress Sonakshi Sinha played the lead roles in the film. Dabangg was released on 10 September 2010. His second film Besharam released in 2 October 2013.
- Jung (2000)
- Manorama Six Feet Under (2007) (Dialogues Only)
- 13B (2009) (Dialogues Only)
- Dabangg (2010)
- Osthi (2011)
- Gabbar Singh (2012)
- Besharam (2013)
- "Directing Salman was harder than directing Ranbir: Abhinav Kashyap". The Times of India. 1 October 2013. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- Parul Khanna (5 July 2013). "Anurag Kashyap, the Godfather". Hindustan Times, Brunch. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- ""Now Anurag will be called Abhinav Kashyap's brother" - Abhinav Kashyap". Bollywood Hungama. Archived from the original on 19 September 2010. Retrieved 22 September 2010.
- 18, Project. "Project 18". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 11 October 2013.