Acta Zoologica: Morphology and Evolution
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
Acta Zoologica is a peer-reviewed scientific journal published by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences and the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters. It was established in 1920 as Acta Zoologica and obtained its current name in 2002. It is one of the world's leading zoological journals and focuses on animal development, structure, and function, including physiological organization. It primarily publishes original research papers, but occasionally also publishes review articles.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Academic Search
- Animal Breeding Abstracts
- Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts
- Elsevier BIOBASE
- Biological Abstracts
- BIOSIS Previews
- CAB Abstracts
- CAB Health
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- Animal Behavior Abstracts
- Current Contents/Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Index Veterinarius
- ProQuest databases
- Science Citation Index
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin
- Veterinary Bulletin
- VINITI Database RAS
- The Zoological Record
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2012 impact factor of 1.471, ranking it 11th out of 20 journals in the category "Anatomy & Morphology" and 47th out of 149 journals in the category "Zoology"
- "Journals" The Center for North American Herpetology
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Anatomy & Morphology". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Zoology". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.