Adrián González Morales
Adrián in action for Getafe
|Full name||Adrián González Morales|
|Date of birth||25 May 1988|
|Place of birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2006–2008||Real Madrid B||38||(5)|
|2007||→ Celta (loan)||3||(0)|
|2008||→ Gimnàstic (loan)||18||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 November 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
A product of Real Madrid's youth system, Adrián spent the 2006–07 season with reserve side Real Madrid Castilla, where he was trained by his father, former club legend Míchel. He then served two second division loans in the following campaign, with Celta de Vigo and Gimnàstic de Tarragona, being irregularly used in both clubs.
In late May 2008 Adrián was bought by another team from the capital, Getafe CF, with Real Madrid having the option to re-buy the player. He made his official club debut on 5 October, playing 15 minutes in a 2–2 home draw with UD Almería; midway through the season he would be again coached by his father, after the sacking of Víctor Muñoz.
Adrián started in many games of 2009–10, which brought heavy criticism on coach Míchel, who was accused of nepotism. He lost his starting position midway through the campaign, but eventually returned, scoring his first goal in La Liga on 25 April 2010 as Getafe downed Sevilla FC 4–3 at home – he also provided an assist in the match– and started the last four games as the club collected eight points and qualified for the UEFA Europa League, as sixth.
In mid-August 2010, Adrián rescinded his contract with Getafe and joined fellow top-divisioner Racing de Santander. A starter throughout most of the season although he rarely finished a game, he made his official debut with the Cantabrians on 29 August in a 0–3 home loss against FC Barcelona.
- As of 22 May 2011
|Spain||League||Copa del Rey||Europe||Total|
|2006–07||Real Madrid B||Segunda División||38||5||-||-||-||-||38||5|
- Adrián González: "Getafe es el equipo perfecto para un joven" (Adrián González: "Getafe is the perfect fit for a young player"); Diario AS, 22 May 2008 (Spanish)
- Adrián: "Estoy cansado de ser 'el hijo de Míchel'" (Adrián: "I'm tired of being 'Míchel's son'"); Marca, 30 December 2009 (Spanish)
- Getafe 4–3 Sevilla; ESPN Star Sports, 25 April 2010
- Official: Adrian Gonzalez joins Racing Santander from Getafe; Goal.com, 19 August 2010
- Three-sy does it for Barca; ESPN Soccernet, 29 August 2010
- "Adrián". Soccerway. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- Racing Santander official profile (Spanish)
- BDFutbol profile
- Adrián González – FIFA competition record