|Genres||French house, house, electro|
|Labels||Vulture Music (France)|
|Associated acts||Fred Falke, Kris Menace, Stardust|
Alain Quême, also known as Alan Braxe, is a French electronic music artist. Braxe is most widely known for his collaborative work with electronic bassist Fred Falke and Kris Menace. In 2005 Alan released The Upper Cuts, a collection of his previous released material.
Alan Braxe began work as a musician in Paris in the mid-1990s. He is seen as a key figure in the French electronic music scene. He is the cousin of DJ Falcon (Stephane Quême) and Quartet (Delphine Quême).
Braxe's debut single, 'Vertigo' came out on Roulé in 1997. It was a hit in large part thanks to the 'Virgo Edit' of the song, which was co-produced with Thomas Bangalter. Braxe scored a major hit in 1998 with 'Music Sounds Better with You' a track co-written with Bangalter from Daft Punk and Benjamin Diamond under the name Stardust that reached number one on the United States Dance chart. He later formed Vulture Music, and continued to release singles under its imprint, including the 2004 hit 'Rubicon'.
Alan Braxe has produced remixes for a number of artists. At first, many of these were associated with the French electronic music scene, but recently the popularity of his 'Rubicon' single has led to more high profile jobs for mainstream rock and electronic artists.
In 2005, Braxe signed the track 'Discopolis' to his record label Vulture, produced by Kris Menace and Lifelike, which became one of the biggest selling tracks of the year. Together and with the help of Kris Menace, Braxe started DJing in 2006. Braxe & Menace also released 'Lumberjack' on 4 June 2007.
- The Upper Cuts - June 2005 (Vulture Music). Credited to "Alan Braxe and Friends." Includes collaborations, remixes, and a solo track from 1997 to 2005.
Singles and EPs
- Vertigo - 1997 (Roulé).
- Intro - 2000 (Vulture Music). CD5 and 12" Release. With Fred Falke.
- Palladium / Penthouse Serenade - 2002 (Vulture Music). 12" Release. With Fred Falke.
- In Love With You - 2003 (Vulture Music) 12" Release. With Romuald Lauverjon as "The Paradise".
- Love Lost - 2003 (Kitsune Music). 12" Release. With Fred Falke.
- Rubicon - 2004 (Vulture Music). CD5 and 12" Release. With Fred Falke.
- Lumberjack - 2007 (Vulture Music). 12" Release. With Kris Menace.
- Moments In Time - 2013 (Scion Audio/Visual). Digital distribution.With The Spimes [Madj'ik and Romuald Lauverjon]
Remixes by Alan Braxe
- "Alarm Call" by Björk, 1998.
- "I Feel Good Things for You" by Daddy's Favorite, 1998.
- "Loopduell 1" by Ian Pooley, 1998.
- "Fall In Love" by B.O.C Productions, 1999.
- "In Your Arms" by Benjamin Diamond, 2000.
- "Anticipating" by Britney Spears, 2002.
- "At Night" by Shakedown, 2002.
- "Heartbeat" by Annie, 2005.
- "Let's Get High" by Benjamin Diamond, 2005.
- "Discopolis" by Lifelike & Kris Menace, 2006.
- "So Far Away" by John Lord Fonda on DeBaSer, 2006.
- "That's What Dreams Are Made Of" by Space Cowboy on Digital Rock, 2006.
- "2 Hearts" by Kylie Minogue, 2007.
- "The Cult of the Romance" by Fenech-Soler, 2007.
- "Broken-Hearted Girl" by Beyoncé, 2009.
- "Life Is Still Beautiful" by The Orange Lights, 2009.
- "The Writer" by Ellie Goulding, 2010.
- "Los Feeling" by Visitor, 2010
- "White Knuckle Ride" by Jamiroquai, 2010
- "Too Much MIDI" by Ford & Lopatin on Channel Pressure Remixes, 2011.
- "Narcissus" by Pacific! on Narcissus - EP, 2011.
- "Evil Eye" by Franz Ferdinand on Evil Eye Remixes, 2013.
- "Speed" by The Toxic Avenger on Speed EP, 2014.
Remixes by Alan Braxe with Fred Falke
- "Black History Month" by Death from Above 1979 on Romance Bloody Romance, 2005.
- "Number 1" by Goldfrapp on Number 1, 2005.
- "Only This Moment" by Röyksopp on Only This Moment, 2005.
- "Bossy" by Kelis on Bossy EP, 2006. (Two remixes)
- "Kelly" by Van She on Kelly EP, 2006.
- "Girl That Speaks No Words" by Infadels on Girl That Speaks No Words, 2006.
- "Mona Lisa's Child" by Keith on Mona Lisa's Child (Remixes), 2006.
- "Runaway" by Jamiroquai on Runaway EP, 2006.
- "What's Your Damage?" by Test Icicles on Dig Your Own Grave E.P., 2006.
- "Alright" by Jamiroquai on Alright, 2007.
- "D.A.N.C.E." by Justice on D.A.N.C.E., 2007.
- "Take It Like A Man" by Dragonette on Take It Like A Man, 2007.
- "Alan Braxe Discography at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- Interview Braxe (Interview Alan Braxe & DJ Falcon)
- Alan Braxe & Kris Menace - Lumberjack (YouTube video)
- Youtube Video (YouTube Video)