Alcanzar una estrella
|Alcanzar una estrella|
Main title card (1990)
|Format||Telenovela, romance, drama|
|Directed by||Marco Flavio Cruz|
|Theme music composer||Mariana Garza|
|Opening theme||'"Quiero Estar Contigo"
"La Mujer Que No Soñé"
"Contra Tu Cuerpo"
|Ending theme||"Alcanzar una estrella"|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||160 half hour episodes + 5 one-hour specials|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original channel||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Original run||May 14, 1990 – December 21, 1990|
|Preceded by||Cuando llega el amor|
|Followed by||Cadenas de amargura|
Alcanzar una estrella ("To reach a star") is a Mexican telenovela first broadcast on Canal de las Estrellas in 1990. Also broadcast in Latin America and on Univision in the United States, the telenovela tells the story of an introverted girl's infatuation with her teen idol. The leading roles were played by singers Mariana Garza and Eduardo Capetillo, ex-members of the Mexican pop band Timbiriche. The two also sang the theme songs, which were written by Ricardo Arjona. Arjona and other singers such as Patricia Manterola (from the group Garibaldi) also made acting cameos. The story was produced by Luis de Llano, producer and manager of Timbiriche and Garibaldi, and written by actress Rita Macedo, de Llano's mother. Alcanzar una estrella turned out to be Macedo's last credit as an actress before she committed suicide in the mid-1990s.
Alcanzar una estrella won a TVyNovelas Award for "Best Telenovela of the Year" in 1991. Its success led to the making of a film, Más que alcanzar una estrella, and a sequel telenovela Alcanzar una estrella II starring Sasha Sokol and Ricky Martin. In 2012 it was remade into an American drama series on Nick at Nite called Hollywood Heights.
Lorena (Mariana Garza) is an introverted girl who dreams of "reaching a star" - that star being singer Eduardo Casablanca (Eduardo Capetillo). She gets to meet him at a press conference to present his last album and his first telenovela. Lorena begins to write anonymous letters to Eduardo while her classmates ridicule her bad looks. Eduardo struggles to maintain a relationship with his goldigger girlfriend Déborah (Kenia Gazcón).
- Eduardo Capetillo as Eduardo Casablanca
- Mariana Garza as Lorena Gaitán/Melissa
- Angélica Ruvalcaba as Aurora Rueda
- Enrique Lizalde as Mariano Casablanca
- Kenia Gazcon as Déborah Lavalle/Guadalupe Quirino
- Oscar Traven as Roque Escamilla
- Marcos Valdés as Amadeus
- Andrea Legarreta as Adriana Mastreta Navarrete
- Héctor Suárez Gomiz as Pedro Lugo
- Marcela Páez as Irene
- Daniel Martín as Joaquin
- Alejandro Ibarra as Felipe Rueda
- Lorena Rojas as Sara del Río
- Gabriela Goldsmith as Cristina Carillo
- Dacia González as Lucha Rueda
- Luis Bayardo as Gustavo Rueda
- Mayra Rojas as Liliana
- Carlos Gracia as Edgar Navarro
- Cita as Cecilia Lugo
- Sergio Kleiner as Fernando Mastreta
- Margarita Isabel as Rita Navarrete
- Aarón Beas as a photographer
- Ricardo Dalmacci
- Gabriela Hassel as Tanya
- Perla De La Rosa as Elisa
- Rita Macedo as Virginia
- Jacqueline Voltaire
- 1991 - TVyNovelas Award for "Best Telenovela of the Year"
- "Nick @ Nite Press Release: Hollywood Heights". NickPress-HollywoodHeights.com. May 23, 2012. Archived from the original on June 17, 2013. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- Lloyd, Robert (June 18, 2012). "Television review: Stars in their eyes in Hollywood Heights". LATimes.com. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 11, 2013.