February 8, 1983 |
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||240 lb (109 kg)|
|College||Florida State (2003–2006)|
|NBA draft||2006 / Round: 2 / Pick: 45th overall|
|Selected by the Indiana Pacers|
|Pro playing career||2006–present|
|2010||Sioux Falls Skyforce|
|2011–2012||Seoul SK Knights|
|2012–2013||Liaoning Hengye Jaguars|
Johnson was selected by the Indiana Pacers 45th overall in the 2006 NBA Draft, after declaring for the draft in his junior season. His draft rights were traded to the Portland Trail Blazers and subsequently the Memphis Grizzlies on draft day. He played in 59 games during the 2006–07 season for the Grizzlies, averaging 4.4 points and 3.1 rebounds per game.
In 2012, he signed with the Liaoning Hengye Jaguars of China. In the team's second game of the 2012–13 CBA season, Johnson tallied a double-double by scoring 23 points and grabbing 11 rebounds. He continued his form by tallying another double-double (21 points, 10 rebounds) in a road loss to the Shandong Lions.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Heat sign ex-Grizzlie Johnson; ESPN, 24 August 2007
- Sports Illustrated 2006 Draft profile
- Alexander Johnson to Brose Baskets; The Hoop, 14 September 2008
- Bamberg completes roster with Alexander Johnson; EuroCup Basketball, 15 September 2008
- Alexander Johnson D-League profile.
- Niubball.com - Teams
- . Retrieved: December 1st, 2012.
- , Shandong maintains win streak. Retrieved: December 6th, 2012.
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com
- Alexander Johnson at Basketball-Reference.com
- 2006 NBA Draft profile
- Florida State profile