Alexander Yevseyevich Khinshtein (Russian: Александр Евсеевич Хинштейн; born October 26, 1974) is a Russian politician and journalist. He is a member of United Russia. He currently represents the 122nd elective district (the northern half of Nizhny Novgorod Oblast) in the State Duma.
Khinshtein was born to a Jewish  family in Moscow and attended Moscow State University, after which he became a writer for Moskovskij Komsomolets. In a 2005 article, he accused former Prime Minister Mikhail Kasyanov of illegally privatizating two government-owned houses.
He is an author of a book: "How (they) are killing Russia" (Как убивают Россию). In it he criticizes privatization of state-owned enterprises with heavy involvement of western (particularly American) governments and business and the creation of the class of oligarchs during Eltsin's presidency. This book is in Russian. Moscow, 2007.
Honours and awards
- Order of Honour
- Medal 2nd class of the Order of Merit for the Fatherland
- Medal Defender of a Free Russia
- Medal of Zhukov
- Jubilee Medal "300 Years of the Russian Navy"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 300th Anniversary of Saint Petersburg"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 800th Anniversary of Moscow"
Notes and references
- german spelling Chinstein
- [ Радио Свобода: Темы дня ]
|This article about a Russian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|