Alexander Khinshtein (Russian: Александр Хинштейн) (born October 26, 1974) is a Russian politician and journalist. He is a member of United Russia. He currently represents the 122nd elective district (the northern half of Nizhny Novgorod Oblast) in the State Duma.
Khinshtein was born to a Jewish  family in Moscow and attended Moscow State University, after which he became a writer for Moskovskij Komsomolets. In a 2005 article, he accused former Prime Minister Mikhail Kasyanov of illegally privatizating two government-owned houses.
Honours and awards
- Order of Honour
- Medal 2nd class of the Order of Merit for the Fatherland
- Medal Defender of a Free Russia
- Medal of Zhukov
- Jubilee Medal "300 Years of the Russian Navy"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 300th Anniversary of Saint Petersburg"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 800th Anniversary of Moscow"
Notes and references
He is an author of a book: "How (they) are killing Russia". In it he criticizes privatization of state-owned enterprises with heavy involvement of western (particularly American) governments and business and the creation of the class of oligarchs during Eltsin's presidency. This book is in Russian. Moscow, 2008.
|This article about a Russian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|