|Education||École nationale d'administration|
|Known for||CEO of Fnac|
Early life and career in civil service
Upon graduation, he joined the Inspection Générale des Finances. There, he served as a junior inspector until 1999 before being promoted to finance inspector in 2002. After serving as a project manager for the chief director of the Inspection Générale des Finances, he became a technical advisor to François Fillon, then Minister of Social Affairs, Labour and Solidarity in 2003.
He joined French broadcaster Canal+ in 2004 as the chief of staff for the group’s president, Bertrand Meheut, and in June 2005, he was appointed director of the sports department.
In 2008, he took over the reins at Europe 1 as the radio station’s Chairman and CEO.
- Profiles, EuropeanCEO, 23 September 2011
- Alexandre Bompard’s Background, Businessweek, as of 10 July 2013
- Bompard to become Fnac chairman and ceo, The Bookseller, 24 November 2010
- Alexandre Bompard To Head Fnac, Billboard.com, 26 November 2010
- PPR: Alexandre Bompard Appointed Chairman and CEO of FNAC, Reuters.com, 24 November 2010
- PPR Names Bompard Head Of Fnac Retail Chain, Women's Wear Daily, 24 November 2010
- Luxury goods group PPR to spin off Fnac books chain, Financial Times, 16 June 2013
- PPR's Fnac sees stable operating margin by 2016-report, Reuters.com, 3 June 2013
- PPR Confirms Plan to Spin Off, List Fnac Unit, Fox Business, as of 10 July 2013