|Chief Minister of the Isle of Man|
11 October 2011
|Preceded by||Tony Brown|
|Born||20 June 1947|
Allan Robert Bell MHK (born 20 June 1947) is a Manx politician, who is the current Chief Minister of the Isle of Man, having been elected to that position on 11 October 2011. He was formerly the Minister for Economic Development of the Isle of Man Government and is Member of the House of Keys for Ramsey.
Mr Bell was heavily criticised for his involvement in planning decisions (whilst Minister of Tourism) by The Commission of Inquiry into Mount Murray which reported in 2003. They stated : "It was the Minister for Tourism, acting in undesirably close alliance with the developer, who ensured that the proposal received planning approval. He did this by applying unacceptable pressure to officers in a weak planning office" http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/cso/crown/section2part1.pdf
Recently, he helped bail the Sefton group out of trouble; much to the dismay of many Islanders whom many feel that the sensible thing to do would be to let the firm fold, and have the assets sold to new; emerging companies that could inject growth and profitability to the Island Assets.
- Minister of Tourism and Transport, 1986–90
- Minister of Tourism, Leisure and Transport, 1990–94
- Minister of Industry, 1991–96
- Minister of Home Affairs, 1996–2001
- Minister of the Treasury, 2001–10
- Minister for Economic Development, 2010–11
- Chief Minister of the Isle of Man, 2011–present
The Bell Council
|Chief Minister||Allan Bell||2011–present|
|Minister of the Treasury||Eddie Teare||2011–present|
|Minister of Economic Development||John Shimmin||2011–present|
|Minister of Home Affairs||Juan Watterson||2011–present|
|Minister of Health||David Anderson||2011–present|
|Minister of Education||Peter Karran||2011–2012|
|Minister of Infrastructure||David Cretney||2011–present|
|Minister of Social Care||Chris Robertshaw||2011–present|
|Minister of Environment, Food and Agriculture||Phil Gawne||2011–present|
|Minister of Community, Culture and Leisure||Tim Crookall||2011–2012|
- BBC Report on Manx Chief Minister election, 11 October 2011
- Goodman, Mike (15 March 2010). "Austerity budget for Isle of Man". London: The Telegraph. Archived from the original on 25 March 2010. Retrieved 19 March 2010.
- "'Unsafe' electric railway closes". BBC News. 21 February 2008. Retrieved 19 March 2010.
- "Allan Bell profile". OECD. Retrieved 19 March 2010.
- "Govt bail out struggling Sefton Group". Retrieved 26 May 2013.
|Chief Minister of the Isle of Man
|This article about a Manx politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|