Aloyzas Sakalas (born July 6, 1931 in Anykščiai) is a Lithuanian politician, signatory of the Act of the Re-Establishment of the State of Lithuania, and Member of the European Parliament with the Social Democratic Party of Lithuania. Aloyzas Sakalas is also a part of the Socialist Group and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Legal Affairs.
Aloyzas Sakalas is a substitute for the Committee on Foreign Affairs and a member of the Delegation for relations with Belarus.
- 1960-1962: Engineer at the Institute for Electrographics
- 1982-1990: Lecturer of the Associate Professor and Professor at the University of Vilnius
- 1989-1991: Member of the Lithuanian Social Democratic Party (LDSP)
- 1991-1999: Chairman of the LSDP
- since 1999: Honorary Chairman of the LSDP
- 1990-1992: Chairman of the Committee on the Verification of Credentials of the Parliament of the Republic of Lithuania
- 1992-1996: Deputy President of Parliament
- 1996-2004: Member of Parliament
- 2000-2004: Chairman of the Parliament's Committee on Legal Affairs
- 1993-2004: Chairman of the organisation 'Help Lithuanian Children'