Always (2011 film)
|Revised Romanization||Ohjik geudaeman|
|Directed by||Song Il-gon|
|Produced by||Kim Jeong-hui|
|Written by||Song Il-gon
|Music by||Choe Cheol-su|
|Edited by||Nam Na-yeong|
|Running time||106 minutes|
Always (Hangul: 오직 그대만; RR: Ohjik Geudaeman; MR: Ochik kŭtaeman; lit. Only You) is a South Korean film directed by Song Il-gon. Starring So Ji-sub and Han Hyo-joo in the lead roles, it is about a romance between an ex-boxer who has closed his heart to the world and a telemarketer who remains spirited despite slowly going blind.
Cheol-min, a man with a dark, mysterious past, gets hired at a part-time night job as a parking lot attendant. He sits in the tiny pay booth in the parking lot and stares at the small television. A woman named Jung-hwa walks into the booth. She offers something to Cheol-min and sits next to him. Cheol-min realizes the woman is blind and she is confusing him for the parking attendant who worked there previously.
Nevertheless, the woman comes back on another night to watch the same television drama. She constantly asks Cheol-min questions on what is happening on the television screen. Cheol-min starts becoming attached to the woman. Their past is tied by a life-altering incident.
One day, Cheol-min accompanies Jung-hwa to a musical. Afterwards they have dinner together. Jung-hwa asks about Cheol-min's past. Cheol-min ruthlessly berates Jung-hwa for asking about his past. Their relationship becomes strained.
Several days later when Jung-hwa's boss follows her home and tries to sexually assault her, Cheol-min busts through the door. He beats up Jung-hwa's boss savagely and attempts to comfort Jung-hwa. They move in together and start to live as a couple. But can their happiness last?
- So Ji-sub as Jang Cheol-min
- Han Hyo-joo as Ha Jung-hwa
- Yun Jong-hwa as Min Tae-sik
- Kang Shin-il as Choi (boxing gym manager)
- Park Chul-min as Coach Bang
- Jo Sung-ha as section chief Choi
- Jin Goo as pottery store owner
- Oh Kwang-rok as Park Chang-soo (man wanted by loan sharks)
- Kim Jeong-hak as team leader Ma
- Kim Mi-kyung as Sister Joanna
- Wie Seung-bae as marital arts champion
- Jung Jae-jin as shift old man
- Min Kyeong-jin as janitor
- Yum Hye-ran as beauty parlor owner
- Ahn Se-ho as broker
- Choi Gyo-sik as real estate agent
- "Box office by Country: Only You". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2012-06-04.
- "So Ji-sub says was difficult to be romantic for new movie". 10Asia. September 20, 2011.
- Song Il Gon: 'So Ji Seob and Han Hyo Joo Are Excellent Actors'. KBS Global. September 21, 2011.
- "Song Il-gon hopes Always will be a reminder of true value of love". 10Asia. October 6, 2011.
- "BIFF Opening Film Only You Sells Out in Seven Seconds". Busan Haps. September 27, 2011.
- "Award winners and small-budget films anchor BIFF". The Hankyoreh. October 1, 2011.
- "Stars Align at 16th BIFF While Opening Movie Sells Out in 7 Seconds". The Chosun Ilbo. October 6, 2011.
- "Always". BIFF.kr. Retrieved 2012-06-04.
- "Red carpet rolls out for this year's Busan fest". Korea Joongang Daily. October 7, 2011.
- "Busan film festival opens to star-studded fanfare, Always". Korean Film Biz Zone. October 1, 2011.
- "So Ji-sub, Han Hyo-joo pic release date set for Oct 20". 10Asia. September 22, 2011.
- "So Ji-sub and Han Hyo-joo Promote Film Only You in Japan". KBS Global. June 11, 2012.
- "Korean Box Office". Hancinema. Retrieved 2012-06-04
- "Interview: Actor So Ji-sub". 10Asia. October 17, 2011.
- "Han Hyo Joo: 'My Best Decision Ever Is Becoming Actress'". KBS Global. October 10, 2011.
- "Han Hyo-joo Seeking More Challenging Roles in Movies". The Chosun Ilbo. October 15, 2011.
- "Interview: Actress Han Hyo-joo - Part 1". 10Asia. October 28, 2011.
- "Interview: Actress Han Hyo-joo - Part 2". 10Asia. October 28, 2011.