|Genres||Neoclassical, dark ambient, post-rock, gothic rock, progressive metal, folk metal, avant-garde metal|
|Labels||Profound Lore Records (present)
Release Entertainment (1997–2000)
Amber Asylum is a highly variable San Francisco-based music group that serves as a platform for composer, singer, and multi-instrumentalist Kris Force. Other members and performers have included Steve Von Till (Neurosis), Annabel Lee, Martha Burns, Charlotte Bolster, long-time collaborator Jackie Perez Gratz (Grayceon/Giant Squid/Asunder), Erica Stoltz (Lost Goat), Wendy Farina, Lorraine Rath (The Gault/Worm Ouroboros), Sarah Schaffer (Weakling), John Cobbet (Hammers of Misfortune/Ludicra), Eric Wood (Man Is The Bastard, Bastard Noise), Leila Abdul Rauf (Saros), Chiyo Nukaga (Noothgrush/Graves At Sea), Andrew Veskoukis (Akphaezya), Sigrid Sheie (Hammers of Misfortune), and Sarah Brady.
- Frozen in Amber (1996, Elfenblut/Misanthropy) (reissued 2003, Neurot Recordings)
- The Natural Philosophy of Love (1997, Relapse Records)
- Songs of Sex and Death (1999, Relapse Records)
- The Supernatural Parlour Collection (2000, Relapse Records)
- GardenOfLoveAutonomySuiteStillPoint 10" vinyl EP, (2005, Self Released)
- Garden of Love EP, (2006, Paradigms Recordings)
- Still Point (2007, Profound Lore Records)
- Bitter River (2009, Profound Lore Records)
- Sharpe-Young, Garry. "Amber Asylum". MusicMight. Retrieved May 25, 2010.
- Release Entertainment biography.
- House of Tudor, Silke Tudor, SF Weekly, January 22, 2003. Accessed on line December 2, 2007.
- Amber Asylum, biography, AllMusic. Accessed on line December 2, 2007.
- Discography from official web site.
|This article on a United States band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|