America Votes is an American 501 (c)4 organization whose mission is to build a permanent progressive campaign infrastructure. America Votes leads national and state-based coalitions to develop shared strategies that advance progressive policies, engage communities and increase voter turnout.
America Votes leads the coordination, servicing and strategy of the progressive movement's grassroots campaigns for advocacy and elections, and advances vital election reforms and voting rights in the states.
America Votes was the brainchild of Ellen Malcolm, the founder of EMILY's List, former Sierra Club executive director Carl Pope, Harold Ickes, Steve Rosenthal and Andy Stern, the former president of Service Employees International Union (SEIU). Greg Speed serves as Executive Director of the organization.
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
- American Association for Justice
- Ballot Initiative Strategy Center
- Campaign for Community Change
- Clean Water Action
- Democracia Ahora
- Education Voters of America
- EMILY's List
- Human Rights Campaign
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- League of Conservation Voters
- NAACP National Voter Fund
- National Education Association
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund
- Progressive Future
- ProgressNow Action
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Sierra Club
- United Food and Commercial Workers International Union
- Women's Campaign Forum
- Women's Voices. Women Vote.
- Working America
- Luo, Michael (June 27, 2008). "Shifts for Soft-Money Groups". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 September 2010.
- Lester, Beth (May 31, 2004). "Coalition Of Dem-Leaning Groups Rally Behind Kerry". CBS News. Retrieved 25 September 2010.
- "Leadership". America Votes. Archived from the original on 6 September 2010. Retrieved 25 September 2010.
- Goldberg, Mark Leon (February 20, 2006). "Ashes of ACT". The American Prospect. Retrieved 25 September 2010.
|This article about an organization in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|