||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (September 2012)|
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)|
Amy Powers is a lyricist, songwriter and producer who has been credited with writing songs for film, television, and theater.
Powers co-wrote Cinderella: A Musical with composer Dan Levy for Riverside Shakespeare Company at Playhouse 91 in New York, and then Lizzie Borden with composer Christopher McGovern in 2001. The Game, for which Powers is the co-librettist/lyricist, was produced at Barrington Stage Company in 2003. She was the co/lyricist with Michael Korie for Zhivago, a musical based on the 20th century novel Doctor Zhivago, by Boris Pasternak. The show was revised after its preview period at the La Jolla Playhouse, and premiered as Doctor Zhivago at the Lyric Theatre, Sydney in February 2011.
Powers has been acknowledged by the producers of Sunset Boulevard for an unspecified role in the development of four songs from that show, including "With One Look," "The Greatest Star Of All," "Sunset Boulevard" and "As If We Never Said Goodbye".
Film and television
Powers' first song for Film was the title track for the Oscar-Winning When We Were Kings. She has also written songs for the films Sweet Home Alabama, Ella Enchanted and Aquamarine as well as television shows including Guiding Light, All My Children, Laguna Beach, Castle and America's Next Top Model. Powers' songs have been featured in Mattel's Barbie Movies including Barbie and the Diamond Castle, Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper and Disney Princess: Enchanted Tales, The Little Engine That Could (2011 Film), which was nominated for an Annie Award.
Powers was nominated for an Outstanding Original Song Daytime Emmy in the Children's/Animated category for "Shine" in Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses in 2007, and an Annie Award for Best Music in an Animated Feature Production for her work in Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams in 2008.
- Robbins, Norman. Cinderella: A Musical, Rochester.edu.
- Musical Lizzie Borden is a Bloody Hit, Playbill.com.
- The Game's Afoot in World Premiere of Dangerous-Liaisons Musical, Playbill.com.
- SUMMER STAGES: THEATER; Really Far Off Broadway, The New York Times.
- Creative Team, DrZhivago.com.au.
- Legit Reviews, Variety.com.
- Sydney Reviews, Doctor Zhivago, AustralianStage.com.
- Vocal Score, "Vocal Selections: Sunset Boulevard" - Published 1993 by Really Useful Group Publications
- "Movies: Complete Production Credits for When We Were Kings", The New York Times.
- When We Were Kings (1996) Soundtrack, The Internet Movie Database.
- Amy Powers, The Internet Movie Database.
- Awards - Amy Powers, The Internet Movie Database .