|Full name||Andre Alexandre George Blackman|
|Date of birth||10 November 1990|
|Place of birth||Lambeth, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Playing position||Left back / Left winger|
|2012||→ Inverness Caledonian Thistle (loan)||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:50, 29 December 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Andre Alexandre George Blackman (born 10 November 1990) is an English footballer who plays for Blackpool. A left back, he can also play as a Wing back and a Left Winger. He has previously played for Bristol City, AFC Wimbledon, Celtic, Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Plymouth Argyle.
Blackman began his career at Afewee Academy in Brixton before joining as a trainee with Arsenal, moving to Tottenham Hotspur and then signing for Portsmouth at the age of 16. He also had spell's with Chelsea, and West Ham.
He made his debut for Bristol City in the League Cup match against Brentford on 11 August 2009. On 1 October 2009, Blackman was released by Bristol City over a disciplinary matter, without making a league appearance. He then went on trial with Championship side Leicester City, which proved to be unsuccessful.
After declaring he wanted to "sort his life out", Blackman signed for Conference National club AFC Wimbledon on 1 June 2010, and made his debut in their 1–0 away win against Southport on 14 August; however, after a handful of appearances, Blackman was declared surplus to requirements and was replaced by Chris Bush, and subsequently Gareth Gwillim. Blackman featured in 18 League, Cup and friendly matches scoring twice, including one against an Arsenal XI - his former club.
In October 2011, Blackman had a trial with Scottish Premier League side Celtic, playing his first match in a year when Celtic's development squad played a bounce game against a Rangers XI. This trial resulted in Blackman signing for Celtic in November 2011. He made his debut for Celtic on 3 March, in a 1–1 draw with Aberdeen. Although not featured enough at Celtic, the club won their first title in over 4 years.
At Celtic, Blackman says he thanked Neil Lennon for saving his football career after a troubled year and does admits he had to show humility and has plenty of mental strength to make a breakthrough. At the end of the season, Blackman was awarded 'Tackle of the Year' at Celtic when a video was shown of Blackman accidentally tackled the manager Lennon as he skidding toward him during a match earlier this year, crashing him to the turf
Inverness Caledonian Thistle (loan)
Blackman was loaned to Inverness CT for the first part of the 2012–13 season in order to get more first team experience. It will be his first loan career. On 15 September 2012, Blackman made his debut for the club in a 1–1 draw against Aberdeen where he made impressive debut, resulting him earning a man of the match. His loan spell was terminated by Inverness CT, however, three months early. Manager Terry Butcher revealed he terminated Blackman loan spell because of his poor attitude and discipline.
He was released by Celtic in November 2012, just one year after signing for the club.
Blackman signed a six-month contract with Plymouth Argyle in July 2013. He made his debut in the club's first game of the new season at Southend United, and also started in the next two matches before losing his place in the team. Blackman scored the first goal of his career in a Football League Trophy tie against Swindon Town, but he remained on the fringes of the team and made his ninth and final appearance for the club in October. He was released when his contract expired in January 2014.
Trial with Leeds
On 23 May 2014, Blackman was strongly linked with a move to Leeds United, after Leeds owner Massimo Cellino showed an interest in reviving his career. On 28 June 2014, Blackman was pictured with the Leeds United first team squad at the launch of the Leeds 2014/15 shirt at Elland Road. On 30 June 2014, Blackman traveled with Leeds on their 2-week pre-season training camp to Santa Cristina in Italy, with Leeds officially announcing Blackman had joined them on trial. After a trial spell, Leeds decided not to take up the option to sign Blackman.
On 29 September, Blackman joined Blackpool F.C. on a 1-year contract with the option of a further year. He started against the club he had a trial at in the summer, Leeds United in a 3–1 loss.
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/06/2010 and 30/06/2010" (PDF). The Football Association. Retrieved 19 July 2010.
- "Andre signs in at City". Bristol City FC. 30 June 2009. Retrieved 15 August 2009.
- "Former Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs star wants to get back on track with Dons". Surrey Herald. 20 August 2010. Archived from the original on 23 August 2010. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Celtic's Andre Blackman is determined to prove wrong his many doubters". The Herald. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "Four changes for cup clash". Bristol City FC. 11 August 2009. Retrieved 15 August 2009.
- "Bristol City cancel Blackman's contract". This is Bristol (Northcliffe Media Limited). 1 October 2009. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Leicester City to discuss future of trialist". This is Leicestershire (Northcliffe Media Limited). 15 October 2009. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "AFC Wimbledon swoop for Andre Blackman". BBC Sport. 2 June 2010. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Southport 0 AFC Wimbledon 1 match stats". Wandsworth Guardian (Newsquest Media Group). 16 August 2010. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Dons boss eyes new left-back to cast doubt over Andre Blackman's future". Surrey Herald. 7 July 2011. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Dagenham & Redbridge full-back completes AFC Wimbledon move". Surrey Herald. 13 January 2011. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Oldham Athletic hand trial to AFC Wimbledon defender Andre Blackman". Surrey Herald. 12 January 2011. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "TV cash tonic for Latics". Chronicle Online (Oldham Evening Chronicle). 13 January 2011. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Former Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs full-back on the move again". Surrey Herald. 9 February 2011. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Deadlocked: Celtic captain Brown's contract talks stall over agents' fee". Mail Online (Associated Newspapers). 25 October 2011. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Celtic sign up full-back Andre Blackman". BBC Sport (BBC). 19 November 2011. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "Aberdeen 1-1 Celtic". BBC Sport (BBC). 3 March 2012. Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- "Celtic star Andre Blackman insists he's ready to shake off 'bad-boy' tag and be a hit at Parkhead". Daily Record. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- "Celtic honour Andre Blackman after 'taking out' Neil Lennon". Sport.STV. 9 May 2012. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- Foul of the Week | May #3 - 2012 | Andre Blackman [Celtic FC] – YouTube
- "Inverness: Celtic loan Andre Blackman to Caley Thistle". BBC Sport (BBC). 31 August 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "Celtic's Andre Blackman eyes more Inverness awards". BBC Sport. 16 September 2012. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- "SPL side Inverness have terminated their loan deal with Celtic defender Andre Blackman". Sky Sports (BSkyB). 8 October 2012. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "Celtic bad boy Andre Blackman binned by loan club Inverness Caley Thistle". Daily Record. 9 October 2012. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- "Andre Blackman: Plymouth Argyle complete signing of left-back". BBC Sport. 29 July 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Plymouth Argyle start new season with defeat at Southend". Plymouth Herald. 4 August 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "John Sheridan sees a future for Plymouth Argyle's Andre Blackman on the left of midfield". Plymouth Herald. 6 September 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Swindon Town...2 Plymouth Argyle...1: Match report". Plymouth Herald. 8 October 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- Errington, Chris (24 January 2014). "John Sheridan believes Argyle still have a lot to play for this season". Plymouth Herald. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- Cowdery, Rick (27 January 2014). "Andre leaves". Plymouth Argyle F.C. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- Inkersole, Sam (5 March 2014). "Experimental Dover Athletic breeze through to KSC semi final". Dover Express. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Leeds United revive their interest in midfield ace Rowe". Yorkshire Evening Post. 23 May 2014. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- "2014/15 HOME KIT LAUNCH". Leeds United Official Site. 28 June 2014. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "PRE-SEASON: PLAYERS ARRIVE IN ITALY". Leeds United. 30 June 2014. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "UNITED TOO STRONG FOR BLACKPOOL". Leeds United Official Site. 8 November 2014. Retrieved 8 November 2014.