|Full name||Andre Alexandre George Blackman|
|Date of birth||10 November 1990|
|Place of birth||Lambeth, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|Current club||Plymouth Argyle|
|2012||→ Inverness Caledonian Thistle (loan)||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:51, 16 November 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Andre Alexandre George Blackman (born 10 November 1990) is an English footballer who plays for Plymouth Argyle. A left back, he previously played for Bristol City, AFC Wimbledon, Celtic and Inverness Caledonian Thistle.
He made his debut for Bristol City in the League Cup match against Brentford on 11 August 2009. On 1 October 2009, Blackman was released by Bristol City without making a league appearance. He then went on trial with Championship side Leicester City, which proved to be unsuccessful.
After declaring he wanted to "sort his life out", Blackman signed for Conference National club AFC Wimbledon on 1 June 2010, and made his debut in their 1-0 away win against Southport on 14 August; however, after a handful of appearances, Blackman was declared surplus to requirements and was replaced by Chris Bush, and subsequently Gareth Gwillim. Blackman featured in 18 League, Cup and friendly matches scoring twice, including one against an Arsenal XI - his former club.
In October 2011, Blackman had a trial with Scottish Premier League side Celtic, playing his first match in a year when Celtic's development squad played a bounce game against a Rangers XI. This trial resulted in Blackman signing for Celtic in November 2011. He made his debut for Celtic on 3 March, in a 1–1 draw with Aberdeen. Although not featured enough at Celtic, the club won their first title in over 4 years. At Celtic, Blackman says he thanked Neil Lennon for saving his football career after a troubled year and does admits he had to show humility and has plenty of mental strength to make a breakthrough. At the end of the season, Blackman was awarded 'Tackle of the Year' at Celtic when a video was shown of Blackman accidentally tackled the manager Lennon as he skidding toward him during a match earlier this year, crashing him to the turf
Inverness Caledonian Thistle (loan)
Blackman was loaned to Inverness CT for the first part of the 2012–13 season in order to get more first team experience. It will be his first loan career. On 15 September 2012, Blackman made his debut for the club in a 1-1 draw against Aberdeen where he made impressive debut, resulting him earning a man of the match. His loan spell was terminated by Inverness CT, however, three months early. Manager Terry Butcher revealed he terminated Blackman loan spell because of his poor attitude and discipline.
He was released by Celtic in November 2012, just one year after signing for the club.
Blackman signs as a free agent initially until January 2014. He makes his debut in the opening game of the 2013/14 season away at Southend United which ends in a 1-0 defeat for Plymouth Argyle.
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/06/2010 and 30/06/2010" (PDF). The Football Association. Retrieved 19 July 2010.
- "Andre signs in at City". Bristol City FC. 30 June 2009. Retrieved 15 August 2009.
- "Former Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs star wants to get back on track with Dons". Surrey Herald. 20 August 2010. Archived from the original on 23 August 2010. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Four changes for cup clash". Bristol City FC. 11 August 2009. Retrieved 15 August 2009.
- "Bristol City cancel Blackman's contract". This is Bristol (Northcliffe Media Limited). 1 October 2009. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Leicester City to discuss future of trialist". This is Leicestershire (Northcliffe Media Limited). 15 October 2009. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "AFC Wimbledon swoop for Andre Blackman". BBC Sport. 2 June 2010. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Southport 0 AFC Wimbledon 1 match stats". Wandsworth Guardian (Newsquest Media Group). 16 August 2010. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Dons boss eyes new left-back to cast doubt over Andre Blackman's future". Surrey Herald. 7 July 2011. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Dagenham & Redbridge full-back completes AFC Wimbledon move". Surrey Herald. 13 January 2011. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Oldham Athletic hand trial to AFC Wimbledon defender Andre Blackman". Surrey Herald. 12 January 2011. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "TV cash tonic for Latics". Chronicle Online (Oldham Evening Chronicle). 13 January 2011. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Former Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs full-back on the move again". Surrey Herald. 9 February 2011. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- "Deadlocked: Celtic captain Brown's contract talks stall over agents' fee". Mail Online (Associated Newspapers). 25 October 2011. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Celtic sign up full-back Andre Blackman". BBC Sport (BBC). 19 November 2011. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "Aberdeen 1-1 Celtic". BBC Sport (BBC). 3 March 2012. Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- "Celtic star Andre Blackman insists he's ready to shake off 'bad-boy' tag and be a hit at Parkhead". Daily Record. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- "Celtic honour Andre Blackman after 'taking out' Neil Lennon". Sport.STV. 9 May 2012. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- Foul of the Week | May #3 - 2012 | Andre Blackman [Celtic FC] – YouTube
- "Inverness: Celtic loan Andre Blackman to Caley Thistle". BBC Sport (BBC). 31 August 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "Celtic's Andre Blackman eyes more Inverness awards". BBC Sport. 16 September 2012. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- "SPL side Inverness have terminated their loan deal with Celtic defender Andre Blackman". Sky Sports (BSkyB). 8 October 2012. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "Celtic bad boy Andre Blackman binned by loan club Inverness Caley Thistle". Daily Record. 9 October 2012. Retrieved 11 October 2012.