13 August 1960
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Other names||Savita, Apara|
|Years active||1975 – Present|
|Parents||Ushakant Mehta (Father) and Mandakini Mehta (Mother)|
Apara learnt Classical Music from Ghulam Mustafa Khan and also learnt Kathak at a young age.
In 1980 she married Indian television and film personality Darshan Jariwala with whom she has one daughter. The two have separated now. Excerpts about their personal life were shown in the reality show "Maa Exchange", which aired on Sony Entertainment Television.
Mehta has work on stage since 1981. She has acted in over 150 plays in various roles. She has found a constant career in plays.
- Apara started her television career anchoring a children's programme called Santakukdi for Mumbai Doordarshan at the age of 15.
- Her first major break was in Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka in which she played Paro.
- This was followed by Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi in which she played Savita Mansukh Virani (mother-in-law of Tulsi).
- She then appeared in a negative role as Kukki Kaaki in Saat Phere and other soaps like Parrivaar, Dhak Dhak In Dubai, Dillagi, Alpviram, Hum Hain Anari, Love Marriage and Chandan Ka Palna....
- She also did comedy roles in Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo as Damini Devi Diwan and as Leela in Hamari Saas Leela on Colors TV.
- She also played supporting roles in some Bollywood films.
- Currently she can be seen in the show Kya Huaa Tera Vaada on Sony TV in which she played role of Suhasi Alok Singh (mother-in-law of Mona).
- Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka (1997)
- Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (2000) As Savita Mansukh Virani
- Khichdi (2004) Guest Appearance
- Saat Phere (2006)
- Karam Apnaa Apnaa (2006)
- Parrivaar (2007)
- Dhak Dhak In Dubai (2007)
- Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat (2009)
- Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo (2009)
- Hamari Saas Leela (2011)
- Kya Huaa Tera Vaada (2012)
- Golmaal Hai Bhai Sab Golmaal Hai(2012)
- Firangi Bahu(shaharaOne)(2013)
- Yeh Teraa Ghar Yeh Meraa Ghar (2001) - Dayashankar's elder sister
- Chori Chori Chupke Chupke (2001) - Prostitute
- Devdas (2002 Hindi film) (2002) - Badi Aapa
- Just Married (2007 film) (2007)
- Tees Maar Khan (2010) - Tabrez's mother
- Tags:. "Apara Mehta returns to Balaji with Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 2012-08-03.