|Directed by||Anil Sharma|
|Screenplay by||Neeraj Pathak|
|Story by||Neeraj Pathak|
|Music by||Himesh Reshammiya|
|Edited by||Ashfaque Makrani|
|Distributed by||Vijayta Films|
|Release date(s)||29 June 2007|
|Running time||174 mins|
|Box office||450 million (US$7.5 million)|
Apne (Ours) is a 2007 Bollywood sports drama film directed by Anil Sharma. This is the first and one of the three films to feature real life father and sons Dharmendra, Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol together. Sunny and Bobby had worked together before in Dillagi and Dharmendra and Sunny had also appeared together in Sultanat (1986) and Kshatrya (1993). Kiron Kher, Shilpa Shetty and Katrina Kaif play the female leads. The film opened to an excellent response across India and emerged as a hit overseas as well.
Dharmendra plays the role of a disgraced ex-boxer Baldev Chaudhary who tries to wash a stain in his boxing career through his sons Angad and Karan (Sunny & Bobby Deol). Dharmendra had played the role of a boxer in the film Main Intequam Loonga (1982). Footage from this film is used as flashback scenes to Baldev's career as a boxer.
An ex-boxer Baldev Choudhary (Dharmendra) has had a stain in his boxing career. He wanted to wash it with his son Angad's (Sunny Deol) success, but times were hard and a financial crunch kept him from achieving this dream. Though Angad pulled through fine, Baldev never forgot who ruined his chance to wash the stain. An opportunity strikes Baldev in the form of a T.V. Show. He trains a local boy to get into this media hyped boxing show, but is ditched for a better coach at the last minute. Baldev's younger son Karan (Bobby Deol) has just launched his first music album. Realizing his father is in crises of his life, he gives up his dream of a musical career to get into the game of boxing. Karan wins all through thinking that his victory will bring the two pillars of his family together. After winning within the nation, he wins all over the world. The final match is with the current world heavy champion. The match goes fine, but Karan is tricked and he ends up paralysed in a hospital bed. Baldev, who wanted to wash a stigma is now about to lose his son. He feels like killing himself. When Karan reveals the world heavy champion cheated, Angad decides to get into the game of boxing once more and win the title for his father.Angad steps in and brings the world heavyweight champion belt to India. On the other hand, Karan suffers liver damage and requires a liver to survive. Baldev pleads with the doctors to use his liver, but the doctors reject the idea. However, the operation continues as God hears Baldev's call – a liver is donated to Karan through an unknown donor. In the end, Baldev who was going to give up his life for Karan, is instead alive and happy with his family.
- Dharmendra as Baldev Singh Choudhary
- Sunny Deol as Angad Choudhary
- Bobby Deol as Karan Choudhary
- Shilpa Shetty as Simran
- Katrina Kaif as Nandini
- Divya Dutta as Pooja
- Kirron Kher as Raavi
- Victor Banerjee as Ehsaan Ali
- Jonnie Louis Brown as Luca Gracia
- Javed Sheikh as Roy
- Aryan Vaid as Gaurav Ghera
- Kurush Deboo as Dr. Niranjan Sarabhai
- Marvina Vinique as Luca's wife
- Jonathan Samson as a Bodyguard
- Rajendra Gupta as Bullar
- Bhagwant Mann Himself
- Amar Singh Himself
- "Mehfooz Rakhta Hoon" – Himesh Reshammiya
- "Dekhoon Tujhe" – Himesh Reshammiya, Akriti Kakkar
- "Apne To Apne Hote Hain" – Jaspinder Narula, Sonu Nigam, Jayesh Gandhi
- "Ankh Vich" – Shaan, Kunal Ganjawala, Amrita Kak, Himesh Reshammiya (Replaced in movie by Zubeen Garg)
- "Bulls Eye" – Shaan, Earl
- "Tere Sang" – Jaspinder Narula, Sonu Nigam
- "Mehfooz" (Remix) – Himesh Reshammiya
- "Ankh Vich Chehra Pyaar Da" (Remix) – Shaan, Amrita Kak, Himesh Reshammiya, Kunal Ganjawala
- "Dekhoon Tujhe To Pyaar Aaye" (Remix) – Himesh Reshammiya, Akriti Kakkar
Apne opened to a very good response throughout the country especially in the Northern territories most notably Punjab where it had a mammoth opening becoming a gigantic blockbuster in the long run. The rest of the country saw a good opening for Apne. The Gross Collection of Apne was Rs. 450,544,575.
Overseas the film also opened to a fantastic response, especially in the UK. In its opening weekend the film made £179,457. The film entered the U.K Top Ten at number 3. In its second week the film made £320,138 and remained in the Top Ten at number 5. It was one of the few films which enjoyed extreme success at the overseas market for 2007. The film has been declared a semi-hit overseas and a hit in India.
The film received positive reviews from critics, many complimenting the theme of a family drama with just the right dose of emotion, drama, comedy, and action in a not so violent way. Dharmendra received acclaim for his power-house and outstanding performance. Taran Adarsh in his review stated that "Apne is rich in emotions and has the potential to strike a chord with families. Those who love emotional fares are bound to take a liking for its theme." The movie was also dubbed into Punjabi.
- "Overwhelming response in Punjab". boxofficeindia.com. Archived from the original on 15 July 2007. Retrieved 24 July 2007.
- "imdb.com". Overseas response. Retrieved 24 July 2007.
- "UK Top Ten: 29 June". imdb.com. Retrieved 24 July 2007.
- "UK Top Ten: 6 July 2007". imdb.com. Retrieved 24 July 2007.
- "boxofficeindia.com". Apne's verdict. Archived from the original on 8 August 2007. Retrieved 24 July 2007.
- Adarsh, Taran. "Apne: Movie Review". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2011-04-07.