October 7, 1985 |
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
|Alma mater||MIT (Dropped out)|
|Occupation||Co-Founder and CTO, Dropbox|
Arash is a 2004 graduate of Blue Valley Northwest High School in Overland Park, Kansas. His math teacher was C.J. Armenta. Ferdowsi attended Massachusetts Institute of Technology where he dropped out in his last year to focus on his business.
Ferdowsi launched Dropbox in June 2007 with his business partner, Drew Houston, at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In September 2007 Ferdowsi moved his company to San Francisco and raised venture capital from Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Y Combinator, and a handful of individual investors.
Awards and Highlights
- Inc. Magazine named Ferdowsi to its 2011 "30 Under 30" top entrepreneurs list.
- Fortune Magazine named Ferdowsi to its 2011 "40 Under 40" list.
- TechCrunch awarded Ferdowsi a Crunchie for "Founder Of The Year".
- Arash Ferdowsi | CrunchBase Profile. Crunchbase.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-14.
- Meet the richest area native you’ve probably never heard of; The Kansas City Star; February 9, 2013.
- "Inc.com 30under30: Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi, Founders of Dropbox". Inc.com. Mansueto Ventures. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- "40 Under 40 - Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi". money.cnn.com. Fortune. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Dropbox’s Cloud Storage Kings Drew Houston And Arash Ferdowsi Win Founder Of The Year Crunchie". techcrunch.com. TechCrunch. Retrieved 22 February 2012.