From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up artifact or artefact in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Artifact(s), or artefact(s), may refer to:
- Artifact (archaeology), an object formed by humans, particularly one of interest to archaeologists
- Artifact (software development), one of many kinds of tangible byproducts produced during the development of software
- Cultural artifact, anything created by humans which gives information about the culture of its creator and users
- Social artifact, a product of individuals or groups (social beings) or of their social behavior
- Virtual artifact, an object in a digital environment
- Artifact (UML), a term in the Unified Modeling Language
- Artifact (error), undesired alteration in data, introduced by a technique and/or technology
- Compression artifact, when the data compression of an image, audio, or video is too complex, resulting in a loss of clarity
- Digital artifact, any undesired alteration in data introduced during its digital processing
- Iatrogenic artifact, a medical problem created by medical treatment
- Visual artifact, anomalies during visual representation of digital graphics and imagery
- Artefact (company), a technology product design company
In popular culture
- Artefact (band), a black metal band from France
- Artifact (Magic: The Gathering), a card type in the trading card game Magic: The Gathering
- Artifact, a 1985 science fiction novel by Gregory Benford
- Artifact (film), a 2012 documentary film directed by Jared Leto under the pseudonym of Bartholomew Cubbins
- Artifacts (album), a 1994 tribal ambient music album by the American artist Steve Roach
- Artifacts (film), a 2007 horror film
- Artifacts (group), a hip-hop duo from New Jersey
- The Artifact (Eureka), a fictional object appearing in the TV series Eureka
- Artifact (album), a 2002 album by The Electric Prunes
- Artifact (ballet), 1984 ballet by William Forsythe
- Artifakt, a compilation album by Better Than Ezra
- All pages with titles containing "Artefact"
- All pages with titles containing "Artifact"
- Different spellings and connotations for artefact or artifact
- Magic item, in fantasy, any object that has magical powers so powerful that it cannot be duplicated or destroyed by ordinary means
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.