Asia Pacific Resources International Holdings
|Type||Pulp and Paper Mill|
|Headquarters||Headquarters - Singapore, operations - Indonesia and China|
|Key people||Chairman: Bey Soo Khiang; President: Praveen Singhavi|
|Products||pulp and paper|
Asia Pacific Resources International Holdings Limited, or APRIL, is a developer of fibre plantations and the owner of one of the world's largest pulp and paper mills with operations mainly in Indonesia and China.
APRIL is part of the Indonesian Raja Garuda Mas Group and owned by Indonesian business man Sukanto Tanoto living in Singapore. Raja Garuda Mas Group or conglomerate RGE Royal Golden Eagle or Royal Golden Eagle International (RGEI), is a holding company with its activities ranging from paper, palm oil, construction, and energy business sectors, owning papermaker April and palm oil firm Asian Agri.
Riau Andalan Pulp and Paper
APRIL’s main pulp subsidiary is Riau Andalan Pulp & Paper (RAPP). RAPP operates in Riau Province, Sumatra, Indonesia. Beginning operation in 1995, Friends of the Earth called RAPP the biggest paper pulp mill in the world, with a capacity of 2 million tonnes per year.
Haze In Singapore and Malaysia
According to Indonesian government officials, Asia Pacific Resources International (APRIL) is one of the eight companies responsible for sending hazardous level of smog to Singapore and Malaysia. 
- Asia Pacific Resources International Holdings Ltd.: Information and Much More from Answers.com
- Paper Tiger, Hidden. Dragons 2: APRIL Fools LW, February, 2001
- "Indonesia blames eight firms for fires affecting region". Straits Times. 21 June 2013.
- "APRIL continued the expansion of the pulp project". Indonesian Investment Highlights. October 1, 1999. Retrieved 2008-07-04.
- APRIL to invest in Chinese site.(Asia Pacific Resources International Holdings Ltd.) Print Week, April 15, 2004 Retrieved on 2008-07-04
- For the quarter ending March 31, 2001, Asia Pacific Resources International Holdings Ltd (APRIL) reported a net loss of $US 25.5 million in 1Q'01.(Singapore) Solutions - for People, Processes and Paper. 1-SEP-2001 Retrieved on 2001-09-01
- APRIL pushes on with pulp project.(Asia Pacific Resources International Holdings Ltd.) PIMA's North American Papermaker, September 01, 1999 Retrieved on 2008-07-04
- UPM-Kymmene completes talks on extending maturity of loan to APRIL.(Asia Pacific Resources International Holdings Ltd.)(Brief Article) Nordic Business Report. 10-APR-02 Retrieved on 2008-07-04
- Finnish Firm to Buy Grand Rapids, Minn.-Based Blandin Paper.(Originated from Saint Paul Pioneer Press, Minn.) Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News 01-OCT-1997 Retrieved on 2008-07-04 archive
- Asia Pacific Resources International Holdings Limited Company site.
- Paper Tiger. A documentation on APRIL as part of the 101 East program of Al Jazeera English (video, 25 mins)
- April Dialog. Facts and perspectives about forestry in Indonesia and APRIL's activities and practices