B. J. Ward (actress)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
|B. J. Ward|
|Born||Betty Jean Ward
September 16, 1944
Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, voice actress, singer|
|Agent||SBV Talent Agency|
|Spouse(s)||Gordon Hunt (1995-present)
Donnald Trener (?-?) (divorced)
Betty Jean Ward (born September 16, 1944), professionally known as B. J. Ward, is an American actress and voice actress. She is the creator and star of Stand-Up Opera, a musical one-woman show, as well as being a licensed aviator. She was also a Playboy Bunny at the New York Playboy Club in the 1960s.
Personal life 
Betty Jean Ward was born in Wilmington, Delaware.
Acting career 
She made her debut on the stage in 1960, in the original off-Broadway production of The Fantasticks, where she was an understudy for the role of Luisa/the Girl. B.J. Ward had gotten the part by calling the producer of the show.
Ward is best known as a voice actress. Her animation voice credits include:
- Scarlett on G.I. Joe
- The title role on Jana of the Jungle
- Deena Strong in Robo Force— The Revenge of Nazgar
- Betty Ross in The Incredible Hulk (1982 animated series)
- Joel's mother in Ben 10 (Episode "Big Fat Alien Wedding")
- Panky and Punkin in The Pink Panther and Sons
- Casey Kelp and Lil' Seaweed in Snorks
- M3 in the 1995 Batman: The Animated Series (episode "The Lion and the Unicorn")
- Bjørn's wife in The Little Troll Prince
- Velma in four Scooby-Doo direct-to-DVD films, (Nicole Jaffe would re-assume the role in 2003 and Mindy Cohn would voice the character from 2004 onward).
- Betty Rubble in various Flintstones media throughout the 1980s, 1990s, and early 2000s.
- Princess Allura, Witch Haggar and all female voices in Voltron (English dub), with the exception of Queen Merla, who is voiced by Tress MacNeille
- Melissa Duck in The Duxorcist on Daffy Duck's Quackbusters
- Lady from The Biskitts
- Whopper in Pound Puppies
- Butch in The Little Rascals
- Dr. Erica Slade in Sky Commanders
- Elektra in Space Stars
- Mayor Waters in The Spectacular Spider-Man (Episode "Persona")
- Harmond in TaleSpin
- Tommy Stubbins in The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle
- Mrs. Brown in Paddington Bear
- Mage, Halinor in W.I.T.C.H.
- Doctor Bittersweet in Totally Spies (Episode "Passion Patties")
- Fanny Frog in Saturday Supercade (Frogger segment)
- Singing voice of Judy Jetson in Rockin' with Judy Jetson
- Witch Hag in Samurai Jack (Episode XXX)
- Iris the computer in The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
- Winnie Woodpecker in The New Woody Woodpecker Show
- Additional voices in The Bugs Bunny Show
- Small Foot in Challenge of the GoBots
- Additional voices in Mighty Max
- Additional voices in Captain Planet and the Planeteers
- Duke's Mom, Connie Hauser in G.I. Joe: Renegades (Episode "Homecoming Part One")
- Grumpella in The Little Engine That Could
- The Queen of Hearts in The Pagemaster (Her only line is to scream "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" at Richard Tyler, the main character of the movie)
- Shaggy's Mom, Sugie, Evil Babysitter, Rona Lickton and others in A Pup Named Scooby-Doo
- Queen Bea in 2 Stupid Dogs (Episode "Queen Bea")
- Megellenic in The Pebble and the Penguin
- Aunt Margaret in Curious George
- Dr. Asinovskovich, Lady, and Woman in Regular Show (Episode "Grilled Cheese Deluxe")
- The Mistress of Baskerville Manor in Droopy, Master Detective (Episode "Sherlock Droopy")
- Brunhilda Bear and Buttercup Bear in The New Yogi Bear Show (Episode "Yogi De Beargerac")
- Glinda the Good Witch of the North in The Wizard of Oz (TV series)
- Wonder Woman in The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians and an episode of the 1988 series Superman.
She has also done voices for video games, including:
- Grandia II
- Dark Chronicle
- Jade Empire
- Demon Stone
- Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage
- Baldur's Gate II
- Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
- Onimusha 3, Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
In addition, she has also done voiceovers for theme parks, including:
- Voices for Epcot Center and Euro Disney
- The narration of the former PeopleMover attraction at Disneyland.
- "Mother" in the 1993 version of the Carousel of Progress.
- Some of the singing voices ("Burrow's Rabbit", opossums and rabbits) in Splash Mountain
- The current voice guide for It's a Small World
She also sings the song "Help Your Wish Along" from the Shining Time Station episode Becky Makes a Wish.
|Velma Dinkley voice
|This article about an American voice actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|