|Directed by||Frank Henenlotter|
|Produced by||R.A. "The Rugged Man" Thorburn|
|Written by||Frank Henenlotter
R.A. "The Rugged Man" Thorburn
|Music by||Josh Glazer
|Edited by||Albert Cadabra
|Distributed by||Media Blasters
|Running time||85 minutes|
Bad Biology is a dark horror comedy film directed and produced by Frank Henenlotter and rapper R.A. the Rugged Man. It stars Charlee Danielson and Anthony Sneed as sexually unfulfilled people who are drawn together because of their mutated genitalia. It was released on DVD in the UK in 2009, and in the US in 2010. Reviews were positive.
Jennifer has seven known clitorises, began menstruating at age five, and gives birth to a mutant baby two hours after each act of sexual intercourse. No man has been able to satisfy her, and she discards all of her offspring, denying their very existence. Batz has a steroid-addicted penis with a mind of its own that is growing out of control. When Jennifer hears rumors about Batz, she becomes obsessed with seeking him out, convinced that he is the only man who can satisfy her. When the finally meet, they bond over their difficulties and lack of sexual fulfillment. However, they must somehow tame Batz' increasingly erratic penis before it can go on a murder spree.
- Charlee Danielson as Jennifer
- Anthony Sneed as Batz
The film has cameos by J-Zone, Wu-Tang Clan affiliate Remedy, Penthouse Pet Krista Ayne, Reef the Lost Cauze, Staff Sergeant John A. Thorburn, film director James Glickenhaus, and Playboy model Jelena Jensen.
Henenlotter and Rugged Man wrote the script together. Henenlotter acted as director and Rugged Man the producer. The two met when Rugged Man recruited Henenlotter to direct a rap video.
Bad Biology premiered at the 2008 Philadelphia Film Festival, where Henenlotter received the Phantasmagoria award. It was theatrically released in 25 cities. Revolver Entertainment released the UK DVD on March 2, 2009, and Media Blasters released it on DVD in the US on January 26, 2010. On February 13, 2010, Henenlotter appeared in New Jersey to promote the DVD release.
Rotten Tomatoes, a review aggregator, reports that 100% of five surveyed critics gave the film a positive review; the average rating is 7.2/10. Rob Nelson of Variety called it a "so-bad-it's-rad" film that will please Henenlotter's cult following. Bloody Disgusting rated it 4.5/5 stars and wrote, "Bad Biology is simply the most entertaining gore film I’ve seen in a very long time." Andy Mauro of Dread Central rated it 3.5/5 stars and wrote, "Small complaints aside, fans of Frank Henenlotter should definitely seek Bad Biology out." Justin Decloux of Twitch Film wrote, "Keep your expectations in check, because while Bad Biology is a fun gross out chuckle fest, it's by no means the mondo madness that word of mouth has made it out to be." Matthew Sorrento of Film Threat rated it 3.5/5 stars and wrote, "Bad Biology is more out-of-control than anything the director has done." Ian Jane of DVD Talk rated it 3.5/5 stars and wrote, "It's not the best starting place for those new to his filmography and he's definitely made better pictures, but the rampant spirit of lunacy and comedic perversion that earned him his following has not dulled." Daryl Loomis of DVD Verdict wrote, "This film has just about everything you'll want to see in B-grade splatter."
- Sorrento, Matthew (2008-06-04). "The "Basket Case" Returns(?): Interview with Frank Henenlotter (Part 2)". Film Threat. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Sorrento, Matthew (2008-04-11). "Bad Biology". Film Threat. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Siebalt, Joshua (2008-10-14). "Henenlotter's Bad Biology Goes Theatrical". Dread Central. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Brown, Todd (2009-02-25). "Frank Hennenlotter's BAD BIOLOGY Hits DVD March 2nd!". Twitch Film. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Barton, Steve (2010-01-05). "Bad Biology Hits DVD!". Dread Central. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Serafini, Matt (2010-02-13). "NY/NJ Residents—Check out this Bad Biology Event!". Dread Central. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Bad Biology (2008)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Nelson, Rob (2008-06-11). "Review: 'Bad Biology'". Variety. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Bad Biology (V)". Bloody Disgusting. 2008-03-03. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Mauro, Andy (2008-07-12). "Bad Biology (2008)". Dread Central. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Decloux, Justin (2008-07-16). "FANTASIA: BAD BIOLOGY Review". Twitch Film. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Jane, Ian (2010-01-28). "Bad Biology". DVD Talk. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Loomis, Daryl (2010-03-05). "Bad Biology". DVD Verdict. Retrieved 2014-04-18.