From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Batteries)
|Look up battery in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Battery may refer to:
- Artillery battery, an organized group of artillery pieces; also gun battery with similar groupings on warships
- Battery (crime), criminal offense involving unlawful physical contact with another person
- Battery (tort), intentional harmful or offensive contact with a person under civil law
- Battery (electricity), electrochemical cells to transform chemical energy into electricity.
- Battery position, a stage of operation of a firearm action or for a device which is ready to operate.
- Out-of-battery, the discharge of a weapon before the action has returned to the normal firing position
- Battery Energy Drink, an energy drink manufactured by the Finnish brewery and soft drinks company Sinebrychoff
- The Battery, St. John's, Newfoundland
- Battery Island, Tasmania, Australia
- Battery Park, or its location at the Battery, in Manhattan, New York
- Battery Park City, a neighborhood north of Battery Park in Manhattan
- Battery Park (Burlington, Vermont)
- The Battery (Charleston), South Carolina
- Battery Point, Tasmania, a suburb of Hobart
- Sultan Battery, in the Wynad District, Kerala State, India
- Marching percussion, also called battery, in a modern drumline
- Battery (band), an American hardcore band
- The Battery (2007 film), a 2007 Japanese film
- The Battery (2012 film), a 2012 American film
- Battery (novel series), by Atsuko Asano
- "Battery" (song), a 1986 song by Metallica
- Battery 9, a South African music project
- Drum kit, sometimes called a battery
- Battery (baseball), collectively, the pitcher and catcher
- Battery cage, a confinement system for egg-laying chickens
- Battery (chess), a tactic consisting of placing two or more pieces on the same rank, file, or diagonal
- Battery (also stamp battery or stamp mill), a type of mill that crushes material by pounding
- Battery (test), a series of tests used to assess psychological, behavioral, or cognitive functions.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.