Bayfest (Corpus Christi)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Bayfest
Genre Music
Dates Late September
Location(s) Corpus Christi, Texas, U.S.A.
Years active 1976 - present
Website
http://www.bayfesttexas.com/

Bayfest is a 3 day music festival in Corpus Christi, Texas. It is in its 32nd consecutive running year.

History[edit]

In 1976 the Arts Council of Corpus Christi and the Junior League of Corpus Christi co-sponsored the first Bayfest. The festival has been held every year since and will celebrate its 32nd event in 2008. Bayfest continues to celebrate the unique cultural and ethnic diversity of our region by composing a colorful explosion of music, art, entertainment and fun.

80% of funds that are raised are returned to these groups to continue and expand their activities with the remaining 20% to help stage the festival for the following year.

Bayfest works with over 5,000 community volunteers who give their time and efforts to assure its success each year and Bayfest, Inc. is a non-profit organization.

External links[edit]