|Single by The Triffids|
|B-side||"Property Is Condemned"|
|Format||7" vinyl single|
Emerald City Studios, Sydney
|Label||White Hot / Mushroom|
|The Triffids singles chronology|
"Beautiful Waste" is a single released by Australian folk rock group, The Triffids in February 1984. It was not included on any of the band's studio albums nor extended plays, it was first compiled on Australian Melodrama (1994). The B-side, "Property Is Condemned", was included on the 1984 EP Raining Pleasure. A film clip was made for "Beautiful Waste". Its name was adapted for a 2008 posthumous compilation of mid-1980s non-album tracks, Beautiful Waste and Other Songs.
In May 2008 Youth Group performed a cover version of "Beautiful Waste" on national radio station Triple J's "Like a Version" segment. Youth Group's Toby Martin had previously filled in as one of the guest vocalists for a reformed The Triffids, at the Sydney Festival performances earlier in that year.
- "Beautiful Waste" – 3:20
- "Property Is Condemned" – 2:54
- David McComb – lead vocals, guitar, piano, miscellaneous
- Alsy MacDonald – drums, vocals, percussion
- Robert McComb – violin, guitar, keyboards, vocals
- Martyn P. Casey – bass, vocals
- Jill Birt – organ
- Ian Macourt – cello
- David Angell – viola
- McFarlane, Ian (1999). "Encyclopedia entry for 'The Triffids'". Encyclopedia of Australian Rock and Pop. St Leonards, NSW: Allen & Unwin. ISBN 1-86508-072-1. Archived from the original on 17 April 2004. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- Holmgren, Magnus; Skjefte, Morten; Warnqvist, Stefan; Simonetti, Vince. "The Triffids". Passagen.se. Australian Rock Database (Magnus Holmgren). Archived from the original on 28 July 2002. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- "Like A Version". ABC Radio. Archived from the original on 27 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- 2008 Sydney Festival line-up
- "The Triffids latest news". Liberation Music. Archived from the original on 2008-07-20. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- "Australasian Performing Right Association". APRA. Archived from the original on 5 December 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-13.