Beirut Art Center
|Beirut Art Center|
|Director||Sandra Dagher and Lamia Joreige|
Beirut Art Center opened to public in January 2009. It is managed as a non-profit organization whose founders and executive board members are: Sandra Dagher, Lamia Joreige, Nathalie Khoury, Rabih Mroué and Maria Ousseimi The project roots in the growing interest to local contemporary art. It was an initiative of Sandra Dagher, who previously curated a private art space, Espace SD, and Lamia Joreige, visual artist. In 2007, Sandra Dagher curated with Saleh Barakat, owner of Agial Art Gallery in Beirut, the first Lebanese Pavilion at the Venice Biennale.
The BAC is in an industrial area on the banks of Beirut River. The building has been refurbished by architect Raed Abillama into a white box space. The space occupies 2 floors on 1500 sq. m. Ground floor includes exhibition space, book store and auditorium. First floor includes cafe, space for BAC Design, mediatheque and administrative offices.
- Video Vintage 1963 - 1983, from Centre Pompidou′s New Media Collection
- Groundwork, Jananne Al-Ani
- Now Here Then Elsewhere, Eric Baudelaire
- Exposure 2012
- White Wall
- Khalil Rabah, review
- Gerhard Richter - Beirut
- Revolution vs Revolution with Abbas, Vyacheslav Akhunov, Francis Alÿs, Hai Bo, Steven Cohen, Phil Collins, Tacita Dean, Fadi El Abdallah, David Goldblatt, Alfredo Jaar, William Kentridge, Marysia Lewandowska & Neil Cummings, Susan Meiselas, Boris Mikhailov
- Exposure 2011
- The Beirut Experience
- Be...longing, Fouad Elkoury
- Image in the Aftermath
- Meeting Points 6. Locus Agonistes: Practices and Logics of the Civic
- IMAGE WORKS. Harun Farocki
- Drawing with the Things Themselves. Paola Yacoub
- Par quatre chemins. Chris Marker
- Exposure 2010
- Witness Mona Hatoum
- Home Works 5
- Place at Last. Walid Sadek
- affiliations. Emily Jacir
- Earth of Endless Secrets. Writing for a Posterior Time. Akram Zaatari
- Prisoner Of War. Bernard Khoury
- The Road to Peace
- Exposure 2009
BAC Design is a program dedicated to local industrial and product design.
- Fly Bird Fly by Dar Onboz
- Biomechania by Ranya Sarakbi
- Contemporary Perspectives in Middle Eastern Crafts. BAC design Exhibition by Carwan Gallery with Karen Chekerdjian, Khalid Shafar, Lindsey Adelman, Marc Baroud, Studio mischer'traxler, Nada Debs, Oeuffice, Paul Loebach, Philippe Malouin, Tamer Nakisci
- Street Art Bag by Sarah's Bag
- Pathways by Nada Zeineh
- Custom Miles by Azzi & Osta
- All that is reminiscent of her name by Krikor Jabotian
- The Creative Space
- Beirut Rock Center. By Spockdesign - Karim Chaya
- Beirutkon. Anastasia Nysten, Carlo Massoud, Joelle Achkar, Marc Dibeh
- Seeds. A BAC design exhibition by Nathalie Khayat
- STARCH your summer. An exhibition by STARCH designers 2008-2009-2010
- The Order of Angels. by Hoda and Elias Baroudi
- Who's living on the 13th floor?.An Exhibition of Ceramics by Mary-Lynn Massoud and Racha Nawam
- Capturing Culture. by Rana Salam
- "Beirut Art Center". 2009. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- "Beirut Art Center". Beirut Art Center. Nafas Art Magazine. Institute for Foreign Cultural Relations (ifa), Germany, Elke aus dem Moore, in cooperation with Universes in Universe - Worlds of Art. Retrieved January 2009.
- "Pavilion of Lebanon". 52nd International art exhibition. Archived from the original on 5 October 2007. Retrieved 2007.
- "Museum as Hub: Beirut Art Center: Due to unforeseen events...". New Museum. 2011. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "Nomination announcement in Timeout of Marie Muracciole at the direction.".
- "Global Art and the Museum: MoCA of the Month". ZKM. 2010. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- "Video Vintage 1963 - 1983". MutualArt. April 2013. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- "Jananne Al-Ani in Beirut". Arab Fund for Art and Culture. 5 Feb 2013. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "Eric Baudelaire: Now Here Then Elsewhere". MutualArt. February 2013. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- Flora Moricet (15 March 2012). "REVOLUTION VS REVOLUTION / BEIRUT ART CENTER". Inferno Magazine. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- "Exhibitions". Carwan Gallery. Retrieved 5 October 2012.