Harding playing for Aldershot Town in 2010
|Full name||Benjamin Scott Harding|
|Date of birth||6 September 1984|
|Place of birth||Carshalton, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|2004–2007||Milton Keynes Dons||36||(6)|
|2005–2006||→ Forest Green Rovers (loan)||9||(1)|
|2006||→ Aldershot Town (loan)||15||(0)|
|2007||→ Grays Athletic (loan)||18||(1)|
|2012||→ Northampton Town (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 03:28, 10 March 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Wimbledon/Milton Keynes Dons
Harding began his career at Wimbledon and signed terms with them in October 2001. He made his debut in November 2003, and made 42 league appearances before signing a new two-year deal in August 2005. In November 2005, Harding was loaned to Forest Green Rovers for two months. Injuries limited him to just 10 appearances for the now renamed MK Dons over the remainder of the 2005–6 season.
The following season, Harding was loaned out to the Conference National sides Aldershot Town and Grays Athletic. At the end of the season he was released by the MK Dons and he returned to Aldershot Town as a trialist.
Harding impressed in the trials and signed a contract in August 2007. He was an ever-present and instrumental player in the 2007–08 league campaign, as Aldershot Town won the Conference National title and the Conference League Cup. He was also one of five Aldershot Town players, that were named in the Conference Select XI Team of the Year. At the end of the season, Harding signed a new two-year contract, which would keep him at the Recreation Ground until the end of the 2009–10 season.
Harding made his 100th appearance for Aldershot Town in the home game against Wycombe Wanderers in December 2008. He tore an achilles in February 2009, which sidelined him for the remainder of season.
After a month on loan at Sixfields, Harding joined Northampton permanently signing an 18-month deal on deadline day.
On 13 July 2013 Harding signed for Torquay United Football Club on a two-year contract, becoming Alan Knill's fifth signing of the summer.
Harding's performances at Aldershot Town gained him an England C call up and debut in February 2008. Harding was also part of the England C squad, that won the Four Nations Tournament in May 2008.
- Aldershot Town
- England C
- Four Nations Tournament: 2008
- "Harding signs new deal with Dons". BBC Sport. 19 August 2005. Retrieved 19 August 2005.
- "Harding moves on loan to Rovers". BBC Sport. 11 November 2005. Retrieved 11 November 2005.
- "Grays snap up Fernandez & Harding". BBC Sport. 3 January 2007. Retrieved 3 January 2007.
- "Grays Squad Boosted Ahead of Kiddy Encounter". Aldershot Town Official Website. Retrieved 6 August 2007.
- "Shots Receive Awards at Conference Weekend". Aldershot Town Official Website. Retrieved 9 June 2008.
- "Aldershot pair sign new contracts". BBC Sport. 29 April 2008. Retrieved 29 April 2008.
- "Northampton Town sign Clarke Carlisle and Ben Harding". BBC Football. 31 January 2012. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- "Harding surprised by England call". BBC Sport. 20 February 2008. Retrieved 20 February 2008.
- "Lions win Tournament". TheFA.com. Retrieved 24 May 2008.