||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010)|
|Born||July 4, 1983|
|Origin||Teaneck, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Labels||Equal Vision Records
|Associated acts||Armor for Sleep
God Loves A Challenge
Ben "Slork" Jorgensen (born July 4, 1983) is a musician who is best known as the former lead singer and guitarist of the New Jersey band, Armor for Sleep.
Life and career
Jorgensen lives in Teaneck, New Jersey. He is of German, Danish, and Japanese descent. He attended Jewish day school, the Solomon Schechter of Bergen County and the Solomon Schechter of Essex and Union, where he graduated in 2001. Prior to forming Armor for Sleep, he was the drummer for punk band Random Task.
He wrote the first Armor for Sleep songs during the summer after his first year in college, and recorded them as a demo cd for $100 at a local recording studio, playing all the instruments himself.  He made a cameo appearance in Fall Out Boy's "Dance, Dance" video, and also in Cobra Starship's video for "The City Is at War," playing alongside Pete Wentz as a police-man. After Armor For Sleep parted ways, Jorgensen started an electronic project with Sierra Shardae called God Loves a Challenge. He also recorded a solo EP called "There Is Nowhere Left To Go" at Treehouse Studios in Jersey City, NJ. The EP was released on October 5, 2010 via digital download.
- Dream to Make Believe (2003)
- What to Do When You Are Dead (2005)
- Smile For Them (2007)
- The Way Out Is Broken EP (2008)
- Various tracks (2009) Self-released
- There Is Nowhere Left To Go (October 5, 2010) Self-released
|2003||"Dream to Make Believe"||Dream to Make Believe|
|2005||"Car Underwater"||What to Do When You Are Dead|
|"The Truth About Heaven"|
|2006||"Remember to Feel Real"|
|2007||"Williamsburg"||Smile for Them|
|2008||"Hold the Door"|
- Knopper, Steve. "COOL@NIGHT; CONCEPT CD: Awaking the spirit in life or death; Armor for Sleep ponders afterlife with no apologies", Newsday, March 16, 2006. "It's hard to imagine a more morbid form of writer's block than this: I was kind of stuck in that place where the only thing I could write about was through the perspective of me being dead, says Ben Jorgensen, singer, guitarist and lyricist for the Teaneck, N.J.,...",
- New jersey Jewish Standard: "More powerful than a locomotive... Steel Train remembers Jersey roots on path to fame" by William A. Jacobson November 26, 2010
- Chen, Joyce (January 30, 2012). "Katrina Bowden gets engaged to rocker Ben Jorgensen the night before the SAG Awards 2012". New York Daily News.
- Nessif, Bruna (May 19, 2013). "30 Rock's Katrina Bowden and Musician Ben Jorgensen Are Married!". E! Online.
- Ben Jorgensen at the Internet Movie Database
- Armor For Sleep's official website
- Armor For Sleep[dead link] on the Equal Vision Records site