|Created by||Tim Van Aelst|
|Theme music composer||Pascal Deweze
|Country of origin||Belgium|
|No. of seasons||2|
Benidorm Bastards is a Belgian comedy television series.
Benidorm Bastards is a Belgian hidden camera comedy programme on the Flemish TV channel 2BE. All characters are amateur actors and senior citizens. The programme has a similar concept to Trigger Happy TV, of which a Belgian version was broadcast on the same channel. In October 2010, a second season started on 2BE. In the program old actors try to act as if they were young talking about things no older person would dare to talk about. They also have funny situations like out-of-control electric wheelchairs and other funny happenings which seem strange to young people.
- In September 2010, the programme won the Rose d'Or in Lucerne in the category "comedy", and also "best of 2010".
- In November 2011 the series won an International Emmy Award in the category "comedy".
The mayor of the Spanish town of Benidorm does not like that the programme is called Benidorm Bastards. He demands that "Benidorm" be removed from the title.
A Dutch version of the programme, announced on 15 April 2010, is broadcast by RTL 4 since 21 August 2010, recast with Dutch actors.
The United States network NBC announced it would be creating an American adaptation, Betty White's Off Their Rockers, starring Betty White. The show debuted on January 16, 2012, one day before White's 90th birthday.
In the United Kingdom, ITV announced its own adaptation of the show, following the American adaptation it was also entitled Off Their Rockers but with different characters. The first episode aired April 7, 2013.
Episodes of the original Belgian version of the show, dubbed into English, were aired in India as Benidorm Pranksters.
- "NBC Greenlights New Hidden-Camera Comedy 'Betty White's Off Their Rockers,' -Working Title- Hosted by Multiple Emmy Winner Betty White". NBC. 2011-03-31. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- "Off Their Rockers". ITV Media. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- "Los mayores gamberros (official site)". Antena3.com. Retrieved 2013-09-13.
- "Benidorm Bastards". Retrieved 2013-06-30.
- RTHK Page(Chinese)