Bethenny (TV series)
|Presented by||Bethenny Frankel|
|Theme music composer||Sirens of Soho|
|Opening theme||"Calling All My Girls"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||170|
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Picture format||1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
|Original run||June 11, 2012– July 4, 2014|
Bethenny was a syndicated American talk show that is hosted by Bethenny Frankel, who also serves as co-producer and creator with Ellen DeGeneres. The series debuted as a summer test run on June 11, 2012, on six stations owned by Fox Television Stations, and premiered nationwide across the United States and Canada starting on September 9, 2013.
The idea to bring Frankel to talk television had been in the planning stages in 2011, but disagreements over the series' concept and failure to clear the show in major television markets resulted in the project being shelved that November. In January 2012, however, the project was revived when the Fox Stations group approached Warner Bros. Television about testing the show out as a summer replacement for some of the syndicated programs that were canceled or had ended production.
The summer test showed promising results. Warner Bros. Television announced that once the show finished its six-week test run, it would put the show on hiatus and syndicate it nationally in fall 2013. On July 6, 2012, Warner Bros. Television announced Bethenny was cleared by the entire Fox Television Stations Group, well ahead of its September 2013 launch. In some markets, the show is used to replace the canceled Anderson Live, which was also distributed by Warner Bros. Television.
On February 14, 2014, Bethenny was canceled due to a loss of affiliate clearances to NBC Universal Domestic Television Distribution's upcoming The Meredith Vieira Show. Despite the "final show" airing in May 2014, new episodes continued to air until July 4, 2014.
Ratings for the series were fair. Though the series did not place first in ratings since its September 2013 relaunch, the show opened with a 0.9 rating. Bethenny averaged a 0.9 household rating, ranking No.14 among talk shows above only The Arsenio Hall Show, The Test, and Trisha, all of whom were also canceled in May 2014 along with Bethenny.
- Bibel, Sara (May 3, 2013). "'Bethenny', Bethenny Frankel's Talk Show, to Premiere in National Syndication September 9". TV by the Numbers.
- Harnick, Chris (November 28, 2011). "Bethenny Frankel's Talk Show Fails to Find Syndicated Home". The Huffington Post.
- Albiniak, Paige (January 24, 2012). "Bethenny to Air in Summer Test on Fox". Broadcasting & Cable.
- Downey, Kevin (June 12, 2012). "Syndicated Bethenny Off To Strong Start". TVNewsCheck.
- Downey, Kevin (July 6, 2012). "Fox Stations Set To Give OK To Bethenny". TVNewsCheck.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 14, 2014). "Bethenny Frankel’s Talk Show Cancelled". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 14, 2014.
- Alex Ben Block (February 14, 2014). "Bethenny Frankel's Talk Show Canceled". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 14, 2014.
- "Bethenny - Episode Guide for Season 1". Zap2it. Retrieved May 22, 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (September 10, 2013). "Soft Start For ‘Bethenny’ As ‘Ellen’ Tops All Syndicated Talk Show Premieres". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved October 27, 2013.
- Aguilera, Leanne (February 14, 2014). "Bethenny Frankel's Talk Show Canceled After One Season". E! News. Retrieved February 15, 2014.