Beverly Kills 50187
|Beverly Kills 50187|
|EP by Insane Clown Posse|
|Released||July 16, 1993 |
|Genre||Midwest hip hop, Horrorcore, Indie hip hop|
|Producer||Mike E. Clark, Insane Clown Posse, Esham, Chris Conley|
|Insane Clown Posse chronology|
Beverly Kills 50187 is the first EP by American hip hop group Insane Clown Posse, released in 1993 by Psychopathic Records. It is the first "sideshow" entry in the group's Dark Carnival saga. The group felt that they should release EPs in between their studio albums during the Dark Carnival saga, in order to build and satisfy their fanbase.
Beverly Kills 50187 features the only appearance of temporary member Greez-E, who appears on "In the Haughhh!" and "17 Dead". Original member John Kickjazz, Shaggy 2 Dope's brother, left the group shortly before the release of Carnival of Carnage and Greez-E a fan ICP met earlier that year then joined as John's replacement. Greez-E would leave after the release of this EP. The answering machine message at the end of "The Stalker" is an actual message left by an ex-boyfriend who was stalking Violent J's then-girlfriend. The cover art, like the group's "Joker's Card" albums, was drawn by Shaggy 2 Dope. This is also the first time 2 Dope began calling himself Shaggy in their music.
|1||Beverly Kills||5:43||Joseph Bruce
|2||17 Dead||6:44||Joseph Bruce||Esham A. Smith
|3||The Stalker||7:49||Joseph Bruce||Joseph Bruce
Mike E. Clark
|4||In the Haughhh!||6:15||Joseph Bruce
|Guitar by Chris Conley
Scratching by Joseph Utsler
|5||Chop! Chop!||5:02||Joseph Bruce||Esham A. Smith|
|6||Joke Ya Mind||8:30||Joseph Bruce||Mike Clark
- Violent J – vocals
- Shaggy 2 Dope – vocals, turntables
- Greez-E – vocals
- Esham – guest vocals
- Mike E. Clark – turntables, production, music composer, instrumentals
- Daniel Lynch - turntables, back-up vocals, production
- Lazaras Saumell - production, lighting, roadie
- Bruce, Joseph; Hobey Echlin (August 2003). "The Broken Path of a Dream". In Nathan Fostey. ICP: Behind the Paint (2nd Edition ed.). Royal Oak, Michigan: Psychopathic Records. pp. 209–214. ISBN 0-9741846-0-8.
- Allmusic review
- Bruce, Joseph; Hobey Echlin (August 2003). "Complete Discography". In Nathan Fostey. ICP: Behind the Paint (2nd Edition ed.). Royal Oak, Michigan: Psychopathic Records. pp. 542–543. ISBN 0-9741846-0-8.