Sriraman, University of Tromso, 2011
|Born||1971 (age 41–42)
|Fields||mathematics education, gifted education|
|Institutions||The University of Montana|
|Alma mater||University of Alaska Fairbanks, Northern Illinois University|
|Notable awards||2002 NAGC Distinguished Brief of the Year; SSMA 2007 Early Scholar; 2009 NIU Golden Alumni|
Bharath Sriraman (भारतः स्रिरामान) (b. 1971 Bangalore) is an Indian-born academic editor, mathematician, and educator, best known for his contributions to theory development in mathematics and gifted education.
Sriraman graduated with a B.S. in mathematics from the University of Alaska Fairbanks in 1995 and obtained his Ph.D. in 2002 at Northern Illinois University in mathematical sciences under the functional analyst Robert Wheeler.
Academic and editorial work 
Sriraman is a professor of mathematics at the University of Montana – Missoula with an adjunct appointment in the department of Central Asian Studies where he teaches courses in Indo-Iranian studies.
Sriraman is the founder and editor-in-chief of The Mathematics Enthusiast. He is also the co-founder/co-editor-in-chief of Advances in Mathematics Education published by Springer Science+Business Media. He is series editor for a number of book series published by Information Age Publishing, and has founded two book series published by Sense Publishers, namely Advances in Creativity and Giftedness and Advances in Innovation Education.
In 2009, Northern Illinois University named him as one of 50 "Golden alumni" in the last 50 years for his significant contributions to research in mathematics education, gifted education and interdisciplinary research at the intersection of mathematics-science-arts. He previously received the School Science and Mathematics Association Early Scholar Award in 2007.
Selected works 
- Sriraman, Bharath (2010). Theories of Mathematics Education: Seeking New Frontiers. Advances in Mathematics Education 1. Berlin, New York: Springer Science+Business Media. ISBN 978-3-642-00741-5
- Sriraman, Bharath (2010). The First Sourcebook on Nordic Research in Mathematics Education. Montana Mathematics Enthusiast: Monograph Series in Mathematics Education 10. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing. ISBN 978-1-61735-098-6
- Ambrose, D., Robert Sternberg, & Bharath Sriraman (2011) Confronting Dogmatism in Gifted Education. Taylor and Francis London, New York
- Bharath Sriraman (2012) Crossroads in the History of Mathematics and Mathematics Education. The Mathematics Enthusiast: Monograph Series in Mathematics Education, no.12, Information Age Publishing Charlotte, North Carolina
- Sriraman, B. (2004). The influence of Platonism on mathematics research and theological beliefs. Theology and Science, vol. 2, no.1, pp. 131-147
- Sriraman.B, & Benesch, W. (2005). Consciousness and Science: An Advaita-Vedantic perspective on the Theology-Science dialogue. Theology and Science, vol.3, no.1, pp. 39–54.
- Ernest, Paul; Greer, Brian; Sriraman,Bharath (2008). Critical Issues in Mathematics Education, The Mathematics Enthusiast: Monograph Series in Mathematics Education, Information Age Publishing; Charolotte, NC, ISBN 978-1-60752-039-9
- Lee, K., & Sriraman, B. (2012). Gifted girls and Nonmathematical aspirations: A Longitudinal Case Study of Two Gifted Korean Girls. Gifted Child Quarterly, vol.56, no.1, 3-14.
- "Editorial Affiliation (Journals)". University of Montana. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- "The University of Montana 2008 President's Report". Umt.edu. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "Study of Mathematically Precocious Youth 40th Anniversary Symposium". Johns Hopkins University. Retrieved 2012-04-04.
- "Class Notes". Aurora Alumni magazine. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "The Mathematics Genealogy Project – Robert Wheeler". Genealogy.impa.br. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "CAS | Faculty Details". Cas.umt.edu. 2007-06-08. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "Central and Southwest Asia Program (CAP)". Umt.edu. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "The Mathematics Enthusiast". Infoagepub.com. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- "Springer Reference Works: Professor Bharath Sriraman". Springer.com. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "Editor Profile". Information Age Publishing-. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- "Advances in Creativity and Giftedness, Sense Publishers". Sensepublishers.com. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "Advances in Innovation Education, Sense Publishers". Sensepublishers.com. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- "Bharath R. Sriraman – NIU – LA&S 50th Anniversary". Niu.edu. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "Past SSMA Award Recipients". www.ssma.org. 2012-04-04. Retrieved 2012-04-04.