||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (October 2014)|
|Born||22 May 1947|
|Instruments||Drums, percussions, congas|
|Associated acts||Gypsy, Robin Trower, The Mystics|
Lordan started his recording career with Gypsy, a progressive rock band from Minnesota, recording three albums with them from 1971 to 1973.
He then joined Sly & The Family Stone. By 1974, Sly & The Family Stone released the album Small Talk. Along with violinist Sid Page, Bill Lordan was a new face in the band on that album. The original drummer for Sly & The Family Stone was Greg Errico. The drummer on the previous album Fresh was Andy Newmark.
In 1975 Lordan joined Robin Trower's band debuting on the album For Earth Below. He stayed with Trower until 1981, his last recording during his stint being the B.L.T. album with Jack Bruce.
He played with the Darrell Mansfield Band and the Dave Steffen Band before starting his own band, The Bill Lordan Experiment, in 2000.
- 1971 Gypsy: In the Garden
- 1972 Gypsy: Antithesis
- 1973 Gypsy: Unlock the Gates
- 1974 Sly and the Family Stone: Small Talk
- 1974 Robin Trower : For Earth Below
- 1975 Robin Trower : BBC Radio 1: Live in Concert
- 1976 Robin Trower : Long Misty Days
- 1975 Robin Trower : Live
- 1977 Robin Trower : In City Dreams
- 1978 Robin Trower : Caravan to Midnight
- 1980 Robin Trower : Victims of the Fury
- 1981 Robin Trower & Jack Bruce: B.L.T.
- 1983 Darrell Mansfield Band : The Vision
- 1990 Dave Steffen Band : Blues Cruise Live
- 1993 Dave Steffen Band : Give Me A Thrill
- 1996 Robin Trower : King Biscuit Flower Hour (In Concert)
- 1997 Dave Steffen Band : Flying Potion
- 2000 Charlie Souza : Live Your Dream
- 2000 Bill Lordan Experiment : BLX Live at the Coach House
- 2001 Charlie Souza : 9 Ball In The Corner Pocket
- 2001 Bill Lordan Experiment : Emotional Blackmail
- 2003 Bill Lordan Experiment : Here Comes The Storm
- 2004 Bill Lordan Experiment : The Best of BLX
- 2014 Bill Lordan Experiment : The NEW Best of BLX
- Bogdanov, Vladimir; Woodstra, Chris; Erlewine, Stephen Thomas (2003-03-31). All music guide to the blues: the definitive guide to the blues. Hal Leonard Corporation. pp. 559–. ISBN 978-0-87930-736-3. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- Head Heritage Sly & The Family Stone— Small Talk Released 1974 on Epic
- Bob Marley The Father of Music By Jean-Pierre Hombach Page 71
- Sly Stone Music The Beat Goes On For Sly & The Family Stone's Greg Errico - Goldmine
- Drummer Magazine The 15 Greatest Groove Drummers Of All Time
6. Drum Solo Artist http://www.drumsoloartist.com/Site/Drummers2/Bill_Lordan.html
|This article on a United States rock drummer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|