Black Diamond, Alberta
|Town of Black Diamond|
|Municipal district||Municipal District of Foothills No. 31|
|• Mayor||Sharlene Brown|
|• Governing body||Black Diamond Town Council|
|• Total||3.21 km2 (1.24 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,159 m (3,802 ft)|
|• Density||740.3/km2 (1,917/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|Postal code span||T1S|
Black Diamond is a sister town to Turner Valley. There exists a three-kilometer trail next to the roadway between Black Diamond and Turner Valley named the Friendship Trail. It has a hospital, shops, hotels and residences, an elementary school [K-6] and highschool [7-12] as well a hockey rink and a Boys and Girls Club. Little oil or gas remains. It is located in the Municipal District of Foothills No. 31.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Black Diamond had a population of 2,373 living in 945 of its 1,001 total dwellings, a 24.9% change from its 2006 population of 1,900. With a land area of 3.21 km2 (1.24 sq mi), it had a population density of 739.3/km2 (1,914.7/sq mi) in 2011.
The population of the Town of Black Diamond according to its 2009 municipal census is 2,308.
According to the 2006 census, Black Diamond has a:
- population of 1,900 living in 756 dwellings, a 1.8% increase from 2001
- land area of 3.21 km2 (1.24 sq mi)
- and a population density of 592.7/km2 (1,535/sq mi).
- Town of Black Diamond. "Town Council". Archived from the original on 2007-01-05. Retrieved 2007-06-22.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Alberta Private Sewage Systems 2009 Standard of Practice Handbook: Appendix A.3 Alberta Design Data (A.3.A. Alberta Climate Design Data by Town)" (PDF). Safety Codes Council. January 2012. pp. 212–215 (PDF pages 226–229). Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2009-09-15). "Alberta 2009 Official Population List". Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- Statistics Canada. "Canada 2006 Census: Black Diamond - Community Profile". Retrieved 2007-06-09.
||Bragg Creek||Calgary||De Winton|
|Turner Valley||Longview||High River|