|Release date(s)||11 November 2013
26 March 2014
Boom Beach is a freemium mobile strategy video game available on the iOS and Android and was developed by Supercell. It was soft launched in Canada on 11 November 2013 and widely released on 26 March 2014.
Boom Beach is a strategy game and combines attacks on other players with attacks against computer based bases. The game's storyline is set in a tropical archipelago with the player on an island with defences and troops (similar to the gameplay in Supercell's Clash of Clans game).
Players can build their base, upgrading their defenses and other buildings, and unlock troop upgrades. Boom Beach includes single player campaign play as well as the ability to attack other players in multiplayer mode. It has been a top 10 game in 22 countries at its launch.
The game pits the player vs. an enemy known as "The Blackguard" who are often represented by Lt. Hammerman. The player is fighting this war alone, because all encounters you come across (other players or Blackguard bases) are hostile.
- Supercell's new title is winning over gamers 29 March 2014 Helsinki Times
- What Supercell did next: Boom Beach masters the art of the follow-up April 9, 2014 by Steve El-Sharawy, The Finnsider Pocket Gamer
- Clash of Clans Dev Releases Boom Beach; The follow-up takes to the islands by Mike Mahardy March 27, 2014 IGN
- Boom Beach is Clash of Clans maker Supercell's Clash of Clans clone. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- Clash of Clans dev releases Boom Beach. Retrieved 27 March 2014.