Brandon T. Jackson
|Brandon T. Jackson|
Jackson at the Eye on Black: Salute to Directors, February 24, 2012
|Born||Brandon Timothy Jackson
March 7, 1984
Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, comedian, writer, rapper|
Brandon Timothy Jackson (born March 7, 1984) is an American stand-up comedian, rapper, actor, and writer. He is best known for his roles in the films Roll Bounce, Tropic Thunder, Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, Lottery Ticket, Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son, and Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters.
Jackson, one of nine children, was born Brandon Timothy Jackson in Detroit, Michigan. His mother, Beverly Yvonne, is a pastor. His father, Bishop Wayne Timothy Jackson, is the senior pastor of Great Faith Ministries International, and author of the book Miracles Do Happen: The Power And Place Of Miracles As A Sign To The World. His maternal grandfather, Royal Titus Bozeman, was a Pentecostal child preacher named a "Boy Wonder" by Indiana newspapers. Jackson now lives in Atlanta, Georgia.
Jackson attended West Bloomfield High School. After graduation, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue stand-up comedy and started at the Laugh Factory, as well as opened for Wayne Brady and Chris Tucker. His role as "Junior" in the film Roll Bounce won him the 2006 Black Reel Award for Breakthrough Performance. He hosted one episode of the Brandon T. Jackson Show on The N channel. In 2006, Jackson hosted the "Up Close and Personal Tour," featuring Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Lil Wayne, Juelz Santana and Dem Franchize Boyz. He was also a cast member on the show Wild 'N Out with Nick Cannon, but he also guest starred as a celebrity team captain for the sixth season for the show. Jackson has also starred in the films Tropic Thunder, as Alpa Chino, Percy Jackson, as Grover Underwood and Lottery Ticket as Benny. He also played 17-year-old Trent Pierce in Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son (the sequel to Big Momma's House 2). He also had a cameo in 'The Glee Project' season 2 video 'Here I Go Again' and can be seen when Maxfield gives him a flyer. In 2013, he played Axel Foley's son in an unaired pilot for a Beverly Hills Cop TV series on CBS.
- Imma Do It Big (featuring T-Pain and One Chance)
- Lyrical Miracle (on Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son) as Notorious Ph.D
- I Love Tha Pussy (on Tropic Thunder Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Williams, Kam (2008-08-12). "Brandon T. Jackson "Tropic Thunder" Interview with Kam Williams". News Blaze. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- Williams, Kam (2008). "Brandon on Breakout Role in Tropic Thunder". AALBC.com. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- Cooper, Desiree (2006-11-26). "Queen of the Castle: Living Large in Detroit". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- "Elder Royal T. Bozeman Bio". Great Faith on Demand. 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- Moran, K. Michelle (2008-07-30). "Positive fMorecast". C & G Newspapers. Archived from the original on 2009-05-15. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- Roll Bounce: An Interview with Brandon T. Jackson blackfilm.com, September 2005 (accessed 25 September 2007)
- Siegel, Tatiana (2009-03-02). "'Percy Jackson' finds lead actors". Variety. Archived from the original on 2009-05-15. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- Anderton, Ethan. "Brandon T. Jackson to Star in 'Beverly Hills Cop' TV Show as Axel Foley's Son". Retrieved 19 March 2013.