Brasília Futebol Clube
|Full name||Brasília Futebol Clube|
|Nickname(s)||Colorado (The Reds)|
|Founded||June 2, 1975|
|Ground||Estádio Nacional Mané Garrincha, Brasília, Brazil|
|President||Luiz Carlos Alcoforado|
|Head coach||Marcos Soares|
|League||Campeonato Brasiliense, Campeonato Brasileiro Série D|
|2013||Campeonato Brasileiro Série D, eliminated in first stage|
Brasília Futebol Clube, also known as Brasília, are a Brazilian football team from Brasília, in Distrito Federal. They competed in the Série A several times. They are Brasília city's oldest professional football club.
They were founded on June 2, 1975 as Brasília Esporte Clube by the entrepreneurs José da Silva Neto and Vicente de Paula Rodrigues. The club won the Campeonato Brasiliense eight times, the last time being in 1987. Brasília were Torneio Centro-Oeste's runner-up in 1984, after being defeated by Guará in the final. The club's football department was bought in 1999 by Brasília Promoções e Participações Desportivas S/A, which is a company owned by eight members (in Portuguese sócios) of the club, and the club was renamed to Brasília Futebol Clube, adopting a new logo, and changing its colors from red to yellow and blue. The club reverted to play in red in 2002. They competed in the Série A several times, the last time being in 2000.
- Copa Verde: 1
- Runners-up (1): 1984
- 1976, 1977, 1978, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987
- Runners-up (5): 1979, 1995, 1997, 2009, 2013
- 2001, 2008
- JK Cup
- Rodrigo Santana: Brasília E.C. e Brasília F.C. – equipes differentes, História do Futebol-Final: A Enciclopédia do Futebol na Internet!!!!, 2 January 2014.
- Enciclopédia do Futebol Brasileiro Lance Volume 1. Rio de Janeiro: Aretê Editorial S/A. 2001. p. 139. ISBN 85-88651-01-7.
- "Brasília Futebol Clube" (in Portuguese). Arquivo de Clubes. Retrieved June 15, 2009.
- "Torneio Centro-Oeste - 1984" (in Portuguese). RSSSF. September 24, 2002. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- "Antônio Otoni Filho (CAVE)" (in Portuguese). Futebol Nacional. August 12, 2008. Retrieved June 15, 2009.