|Number of teams||16|
|Most successful club(s)||Brasília (1 title)|
|Television broadcasters||TV Esporte Interativo|
|2015 Copa Verde|
The Copa Verde (English: Green Cup) is an annual knockout football annual regional competition that started in 2014 and played by 16 teams from the North and Central-West regions (except Goiás), plus Espírito Santo (Espírito Santo state was included because they competed in the old Copa Centro Oeste). The winner will compete in the next year's Copa Sudamericana. The cup will be organized by the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF), adopting the same format as the Copa do Brasil, with two-legged playoff games played from January to February between the 16 participating teams.
The tournament was created with the purpose of making a North Region version of the Copa Nordeste, hence the name Verde, meaning green, is an allusion to the Amazon Forest. The competition was expanded to include clubs from the Central-West Region and from Espírito Santo state (as the state competed in the defunct Copa Centro-Oeste). The competition was officially announced in September by the competitions director of the Brazilian Football Confederation.
|Year||Winners||Score||Runners-up||Third Place||Fourth Place|
- "CBF cria "Copa Verde" com times de 11 estados e que dá vaga na Sul-Americana". iG (in Portuguese). October 8, 2013. Retrieved December 1, 2013.
- "Copa Verde une 11 estados, do Amazonas ao Espírito Santo". Trivela (in Portuguese). October 8, 2013. Retrieved December 1, 2013.
- "Copa Verde com custeio da CBF poderá se tornar realidade com 2 clubes de MT". Futebol Matogrossense (in Portuguese). July 27, 2013. Retrieved December 1, 2013.
- "Dirigente da CBF confirma Copa Verde em janeiro e fevereiro de 2014". Globo Esporte (in Portuguese). September 26, 2013. Retrieved December 1, 2013.
- "Caso Copa Verde: STJD pune Brasília, e Paysandu fica com título e vaga na Sul-Americana" (in Portuguese). Yahoo! Brasil. July 28, 2014.
- "Brasília consegue reverter decisão e é, novamente, campeã da Copa Verde" (in Portuguese). superesportes. August 2, 2014.
- "Pleno do STJD confirma Brasília campeão da Copa Verde 2014" (in Portuguese). globo.com. 27 November 2014.