|Single by Alesha Dixon|
|from the album The Alesha Show|
|Released||9 February 2009
(see release history)
|Format||CD, digital download|
|Recorded||Westlake Recording Studios, Los Angeles|
|Length||4:12 (album version)
3:40 (radio edit)
|Writer(s)||Carsten Schack, Kenneth Karlin, Harold Lily|
|Producer(s)||Soulshock & Karlin|
|Alesha Dixon singles chronology|
"Breathe Slow" is the second single from Alesha Dixon's second album, The Alesha Show, released by Asylum Records, a part of Atlantic Records, on 9 February 2009. The song is now Dixon's most successful single to date in the United Kingdom, peaking at number three on the UK Singles Chart. The song was nominated at the BRIT awards 2010 in the Best British single category.
Popular blog Popjustice made the single their Song of the Day on 30 December 2008, saying "Everyone loves Alesha Dixon. Most people are quite indifferent about purchasing her musical releases. As time goes by we probably have to accept this as fact, but songs like 'Breathe Slow' do offer some hope that she might 'hit the mark' and have a big proper hit one day."
Trash Lounge commented "It's nowhere near the same league as 'The Boy Does Nothing', but 'Breathe Slow' is still a pretty decent offering from its hit-and-miss parent album."
The video, directed by Max & Dania was shot entirely in black and white, tells the story of Dixon breaking up with her husband, and her trying to regain composure and forget about it. She is seen entering a quiet café, upon leaving she takes off her coat revealing a show-girl outfit and leaves behind her wedding ring, then walks down a busy Las Vegas street. Meanwhile, Dixon is seen dancing alone in studio. The video ends with her entering the stage door of a show with an Elvis impersonator and two other show-girls stood outside. The video, filmed on location in Las Vegas, clashed with the Ricky Hatton vs. Paulie Malignaggi boxing match and caused shooting problems as many English Hatton supporters recognised Dixon, and subsequently crowds gathered in the street. The video has gained over 10 million hits on YouTube.
- UK CD single
- "Breathe Slow" (single version) – 3:40
- "Breathe Slow" (piano mix) - 3:41
- iTunes EP
- "Breathe Slow" (piano mix)
- "Breathe Slow" (Cahill radio edit) - 3:31
- "Breathe Slow" (Blackout Entertainment edit) (featuring Scottie B)
- "Breathe Slow" (single version)
- "Breathe Slow" (Cahill radio edit)
- "Breathe Slow" (Ali Payami remix)
In the United Kingdom, "Breathe Slow" debuted at number 163 on the UK Singles Chart and entered the top 100 the following week at number 92. On 1 February 2009, the song rose into the top ten at number 6, climbed to number 5 the following and managed to peak at number 3 after being released physically on 9 February 2009.
On the Irish Singles Chart, the single debuted at number 48. The song has so far peaked at number 18.
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||12|
|Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia)||12|
|Czech Republic (Rádio Top 100)||12|
|Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)||30|
|Spanish Airplay Chart||20|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||3|
Year End Charts
|Chart (2009)||Position 1|
Sales and certifications
|United Kingdom||16 February 2009||CD single, digital download||Asylum Records|
|Italy||7 April 2009||Digital download||Warner Music|
|Spain||21 July 2009||Digital download|
- "Popjustice Song of the Day". Popjustice.com. 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- "Alesha Dixon poses for sexy pics ahead of the release of her new single Breathe Slow". The Sun. 2008-12-11. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- Monday, 26 January 2009, 06:06 GMT (2009-01-26). "Music - Interview - Alesha Dixon". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- "" (2008-12-11). "Alesha Dixon - Breathe Slow". YouTube. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- "Breathe Slow: Alesha Dixon: Amazon.co.uk: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- "Alesha Dixon - Breathe Slow MP3 Downloads". 7digital. 2009-02-08. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- "Ultratop.be – Alesha Dixon – Breathe Slow" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Ultratop.be – Alesha Dixon – Breathe Slow" (in French). Ultratip.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Czech). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiální. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 200922 into search.
- "Chart Track". Irish Singles Chart.
- "SNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 200916 into search.
- "Promusicae (Week: 1 January 2009)". Retrieved 13 July 2009.
- "Alesha Dixon" UK Singles Chart.
- "Charts Plus - Official UK Singles Chart - 2009" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- "iTunes Store - Alesha Dixon - Breathe Slow (Single Version) - Single". Itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 2010-10-02.