Lillibridge while with the Chicago White Sox
|Chicago Cubs – No. 20|
September 18, 1983 |
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
|April 26, 2008 for the Atlanta Braves|
(through April 14, 2013)
|Runs batted in||68|
|Competitor for United States|
|Pan American Games|
|Silver||Santo Domingo 2003||Baseball at the 2003 Pan American Games|
Brent Stuart Lillibridge (born September 18, 1983) is an American Major League Baseball infielder and outfielder for the Chicago Cubs of Major League Baseball. He is known for his versatile playing skills, defensive prowess in the outfield, and is a utility player having started at every position except pitcher and catcher so far in his career.
Baseball career 
High School 
University of Washington 
Lillibridge played for the Washington Huskies baseball program for three seasons, where he was named to the All-Pac-10 Conference Team for three straight seasons. While at the University of Washington, he was teammates with future Cy Young Award-winner Tim Lincecum.
Pittsburgh Pirates (2005–2007) 
He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 4th round (121st overall) of the 2005 amateur entry draft.
Atlanta Braves (2007–2008) 
Lillibridge began the 2008 season in Triple-A for the Richmond Braves. He played 19 games and batted .195 with one home run before his contract was purchased on April 26, 2008. He made his major league debut on that same day against the New York Mets and had four at bats and struck out three times. He doubled for his first major league hit on June 25, 2008 at Toronto.
Chicago White Sox (2008–2012) 
Lillibridge garnered media coverage after he made two back-to-back, game-saving and game-ending defensive catches while playing right field on April 26, 2011. The catches comprised the two final outs of a game played against the New York Yankees in Yankee Stadium and resulted in the White Sox getting the victory.
Boston Red Sox (2012) 
Cleveland Indians (2012) 
Lillibridge was traded by Boston to the Cleveland Indians on July 24, for minor league pitcher José De La Torre. On November 20, 2012, Lillibridge was assigned outright to the Indians Triple-A affiliate Columbus Clippers. Lillibridge declined the assignment to Columbus and was granted free agency on November 26.
Chicago Cubs (2013) 
On January 10, 2013, Lillibridge signed a minor league contract with the Chicago Cubs. On March 31, the Cubs added Lillibridge to their major league active roster. He was designated for assignment on April 16, 2013. On April 19, Lillibridge cleared waivers, and was assigned to the Triple-A Iowa Cubs of the Pacific Coast League.
- "2005 Washington Baseball Roster". University of Washington. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- "University of Washington Baseball Players Who Made It to a Major League Baseball Team". Baseball-Almanac.com. Archived from the original on 2012-08-21. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "Braves complete Vazquez deal". MLB.com. 2008-12-04. Retrieved 2008-12-04.
- "10,000 Franchise HR". MLB.com. 2011-04-11. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- "In case you missed the game-saving catches by White Sox OF Brent Lillibridge (video)". Chicago Sun Times. 2011-11-27. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- Merkin, Scott. "White Sox acquire Youkilis from Red Sox". MLB.com. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- Bastian, Jordan (24 July 2012). "Tribe acquires Lillibridge from Red Sox". MLB.com. Retrieved 25 July 2012.