||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013)|
Dalton at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con International
7 January 1983 |
San Jose, California
Brett Dalton (born January 7, 1983) is an American actor, who is a member of the ensemble cast of the television series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Life and career
Brett graduated in 2001 from Westmont High School in Campbell, California, where he caught the acting bug after auditioning for a production of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and where he was California Scholarship Federation President and Associated Student Body President. He was involved in drama and played the lead in "My Favorite Year." After studying at University of California, Berkeley for his undergraduate degree, Dalton received a Master of Fine Arts from Yale University in 2011.
In November 2012, he was cast in a starring role in the Joss Whedon TV series, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D as Agent Grant Ward. The series takes place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, following character Agent Phil Coulson and his small team of agents, Dalton's character among them. In addition, Brett starred in other television credits including Blue Bloods, Army Wives and Nurses (pilot for Fox). Most recently, Brett was seen in National Geographic Channel's Killing Lincoln, a Tony and Ridley Scott Production. Moreover, some theatre productions that he appeared in are Passion Play, Romeo and Juliet, and Happy Now? (Yale Repertory); Sweet Bird of Youth and Demon Dreams (Williamstown Theatre Festival); Macbeth (Macbeth) and You Can't Take It With You (Chautauqua Theater Company).
|2007||Nurses||Dr. Kurt Taylor||TV film|
|2010||1:00am Games||Travis||Short film|
|2012||Blue Bloods||Phillip Gibson||Episode: "Collateral Damage"|
|2012||Army Wives||Beach Runner||Episode: "Fatal Reaction"|
|2013||Killing Lincoln||Robert Todd Lincoln||TV film|
|2013||Beside Still Waters||James||post-production|
|2013–Present||Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.||Agent Grant Ward||Series regular|
- "Brett Dalton: I'm lucky to be on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.". Huffington Post. September 23, 2013. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Brett Dalton Interview — Comic-Con 2013. IGN. July 20, 2013.
- "Brett Dalton joins 'physical comic book world' in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.". Comic Book Resources.com. September 17, 2013. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- "Exclusive: Joss Whedon's red-hot S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot adds 'deadly' new Agent". TV Line. November 27, 2012. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- "Meet the Cast: Brett Dalton.". Retrieved November 27, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brett Dalton.|