From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Brigade Nord (Brig. N.; Northern Brigade) is the only brigade in the Norwegian Army. It is mostly based in mid-Troms (Bardu and Målselv) north of the Arctic Circle. Until 2009, the brigade was part of the 6th Division.
- Telemark Bataljon - Combined Arms Battalion (Rena) Operating from Leopard 2 Main Battle Tanks, CV9030 Armoured Personnel Carriers and Iveco Light Multirole Veichle.
- Panserbataljonen - Armored Battalion (Setermoen) Operating from Leopard 2 Main Battle Tanks and CV9030 Armoured Personnel Carriers.
- 2. Bataljon - Motorized Infantry Battalion (Skjold)
- Artilleribataljonen - Artillery Battalion (Setermoen) Using M109A3GNM Howitzers.
- Ingeniørbataljonen - Combat Engineer Battalion (Skjold) Operating from variants of M113 APC's and special purpose tanks on Leopard 1 chassis.
- Etterretningsbataljonen - Battlefield Surveillance, Intelligence Gathering & Electronic Warfare Battalion (Setermoen)
- Sambandsbataljonen - Signal Battalion (Bardufoss)
- Sanitetsbataljonen - Medical Battalion (Setermoen)
- CSS-bataljonen - Combat Service Support (Logistics) Battalion (Bardufoss) Using
- Hærens befalsskole Norwegian Army Officer School (Rena)
- Jegerkompaniet - Ranger Company (Lakselv) (No more in existence)
- MP-kompaniet - Military Police Company (Bardufoss)
|This Norway-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This European military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|