|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (April 2014)|
|Headquarters||Miami, Florida, US|
|Key people||Marcelo Claure, CEO
|Products||Distribution, Logistic, Supply Chain, Device Buy-back and Trade-in, Handset Protection and Insurance, Multi-channel Retail and Mobile Financing Services|
|Revenue||$10.6 billion in gross revenue in 2013 USD|
Brightstar Corp., founded in 1997, is a U.S.-based privately held corporation that provides specialized global wireless distribution and services, serving mobile device manufacturers, wireless operators and retailers. Brightstar offers customized solutions including: value added distribution, supply chain solutions, handset protection and insurance, buy-back and trade-in solutions and multi-channel retail solutions within the wireless telecommunications industry.
On October 18, 2013 – Brightstar Corp. ("Brightstar") and SOFTBANK CORP. ("SoftBank") (TSE: 9984) announced a definitive agreement for SoftBank to invest $1.26 billion in Brightstar. The transaction is expected to close in January of 2014. SoftBank will own approximately 57% and Mr. Marcelo Claure will own approximately 43% of Brightstar shares on an outstanding basis. Over the next 5 years, or upon certain events, SoftBank's ownership will accrete to 70%.
In February 2014, Brightstar Corp. completed its acquisition of 20:20 Mobile, a leading provider of distribution and integrated supply chain solutions to the European mobile industry. Brightstar acquired facilities in the UK, Spain, Hungary, Portugal, Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden, and provide products and services across 13 European countries. 
Brightstar has operations centers and/or sales offices in four geographic regions:
- U.S. & Canada
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa (APAC/MEA)
Mobile Handset and Insurance Programs
Multi-channel Retail Solutions (formally known as LetsTalk, Inc.)
Buy-back and Trade-in Solutions
As of August 27, 2012, LetsTalk.com Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Brightstar Corp.
- R. Marcelo Claure, founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Catherine Smith, Chief Administrative & Legal Officer
- Arturo Osorio, President, Global Operations
- Javier Villamizar, President, Global Distribution
- Rafael M. de Guzman III, Vice President of Strategy and Director
- "About Brightstar - Brightstar Corporation Web Page".
- "SoftBank Invests 1.26-billion for a 57 Share of Brightstar Corp.".
- "Brightstar Expands Global Presence With Acquisition of 20:20 Mobile Group in Europe".
- "Contact Us." Brightstar Corporation. Retrieved on January 9, 2010.
- "Brightstar Corporate Press Kit". Brightstar Corp.
|This technology article about a corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|