|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (May 2013)|
Bruce Harold Lipton, born 21 October 1944 at Mount Kisco, New York, is an American developmental biologist best known for promoting the idea that genes and DNA can be manipulated by a person's beliefs. He is a visiting fellow lecturer at the New Zealand College of Chiropractic.
In 1966, Lipton received a B.A. in biology from C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University and a PhD in developmental biology from the University of Virginia in 1971. In 1973, he taught anatomy as an assistant professor at the University of Wisconsin School Of Medicine, before coming[when?] to American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, where he was professor of anatomy for three years. Sometime in the 1980s, Lipton, who had been a life-long atheist, had a mystical conversion and came to believe that the way cells functioned demonstrated the existence of a god.
From 1987 to 1992, Lipton was involved in research at Penn State and Stanford University Medical Center. Since 1993, Lipton has been teaching in non-tenure positions at different universities.  His publications consist mainly of research on the development of muscle cells.
Lipton has appeared as a guest on several radio shows, as well as The Elaine Smitha Show and The Joe Rogan Experience podcast, and was featured in the 2009 documentary Kymatica, discussing the concepts of love and fear in their relation to the body.He was the recipient of the 2009 Goi Peace Award, "in recognition of his pioneering work in the field of New Biology" He has been a speaker at the Institute of Noetic Sciences' 13th international conference, the Spiritual Science Fellowship International Conference, and various other conventions.
Lipton's first book, The Biology of Belief – Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles, was endorsed by a variety of New Age authors, including Joseph Chilton Pearce, Gregg Braden, John Frederick Demartini and Joseph Mercola, as well as by Karl H. Pribram, Ralph Abraham and LeVar Burton.
Lipton is listed in The Skeptic's Dictionary under the entry for "New Thought (aka Mind Cure or Mind Science) movement." He is characterized as a New Age promoter, "of the delusion of mind cures...[who incorporates] references to quantum physics and Eastern mystical notions, such as chi and chakras, into their repertoires."
- 2005 The Biology of Belief – Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles
- 2006 The Wisdom of Your Cells - How Your Beliefs Control Your Biology
- 2009 Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future and a Way to Get There from Here (co-authored with Steve Bhaerman).
- 2013 The Honeymoon Effect: The Science of Creating Heaven on Earth
- "BruceLipton.com Press Release". BruceLipton.com.
- "Faculty". New Zealand College of Chiropractic.
- "Curriculum Vitae". BruceLipton.com.
- Miller, Ian (November 14, 2005). "FINDING MY RELIGION/Bruce Lipton, cell biologist and author of "The Biology of Belief," says it's our beliefs, not our DNA, that control our biology". SF Gate. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Search Results for author Lipton BH on PubMed.
- "Curriculum Vita of Bruce H. Lipton". Santa Barbara Graduate Institute. (Archived 25 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine)
- "The Joe Rogan Experience Podcast". iTunes.
- "Kymatica Documentary (2009)".
- "Goi Peace Award 2009: Dr. Bruce H. Lipton". Goi Peace Awards. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Bruce Lipton, speaker at the 13th International Conference". Institute of Noetic Sciences.
- "SSF-IIIHS Convention Archives". International Institute of Integral Human Sciences.
- "Bruce Lipton, Mind/Body Healing Pioneer, Featured at HypnoSummit Online Hypnosis Training Conference". Kathleen Hanover, SocialMediaPress.com.
- "List of Waldzell Institute speakers". Waldzell Institute.
- Lipton, Bruce. "Endorsements". Brucelipton.com. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Carroll, Robert. "New Thought (aka Mind Cure or Mind Science) movement". The Skeptic's Dictionary. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Official web site for Bruce Lipton
- Bruce Lipton at the Internet Movie Database
- Genetics, Epigenetics, and Destiny - Interview with Dr. Bruce Lipton, Danielle Graham, SuperConsciousness Magazine, September 2008
- The Great Lesson The Great Lesson: A New Film About Mind and Body: Featuring Dr. Bruce Lipton