|Born||Bryan William Lourd
November 5, 1960
New Iberia, Louisiana
|Alma mater||University of Southern California (1982)|
|Occupation||Talent agent, business executive|
|Organization||Creative Artists Agency|
Board member of
|Partner(s)||Carrie Fisher (separated)|
Lourd was born on November 5, 1960 in New Iberia, Louisiana. His brother, Blaine Lourd, is an investment advisor. He attended New Iberia Senior High School, where he played the lead in several high school musicals. He earned a degree from the USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism in 1982.
He has served as Partner, Managing Director and Co-Chairman of Creative Artists Agency (CAA) since October 1995. During the 2007–08 Writers Guild of America strike, he served as a mediator between on the one hand, Patric Verrone, the President of the Writers Guild of America, West and their legal counsel, David Young[disambiguation needed], and on the other hand, movie executive Peter Chernin and Bob Iger, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company. In 2014, he was honored at a gala with many entertainers given in his honor in New York City.
Philanthropy and public service
He was elected to the Board of Trustees of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art in 2011. He also serves on the Board of Directors of the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City. Additionally, he was appointed to the President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities in 2009 by President Barack Obama. Four years later, President Obama appointed Lourd to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts by President Barack Obama.
He had a child, Billie with actress Carrie Fisher. They split up when Lourd came out as bisexual. His partner, Bruce Bozzi, is the co-owner of The Palm fine dining restaurants, which has 28 international locales but the original one is in Manhattan. They split their time between a penthouse apartment in the West Village, and a house in Beverly Hills, California.
- "The Evolution of an Investor". New York Post. November 19, 2007. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- Forbes.com profile
- Marshall Heyman, Lourd-ing Over Lincoln Center: Star-Studded 'American Songbook' Gala Honoring Bryan Lourd, The Wall Street Journal, February 11, 2014
- Cynthia Littleton, TV on Strike: Why Hollywood Went to War Over the Internet, Syracuse, New York: Syracuse University Press, 2013, p. 127 
- Gordon Cox, Matt Bomer Sings a Duet, Anne Hathaway Plays Air Guitar in Bryan Lourd’s Living Room, Variety, February 10, 2014
- Chloe Malle, Lincoln Center’s American Songbook Gala Honors Bryan Lourd, Vogue, February 11, 2014
- Alex Williams, Southern Gentleman as Hollywood Agent: At a Lincoln Center Gala, Hollywood Honors Bryan Lourd of the Creative Artists Agency, The New York Times, February 12, 2014
- Bryan Lourd On LACMA Board Of Trustees, The Huffington Post, 10/03/2011
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts: Board of Directors
- Ted Johnson, Bryan Lourd Appointed to Kennedy Center Board, Variety, September 25, 2014
- John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts: Board of Trustees
- Rachel Abrams, Sun Valley Conference Guest List Includes Chris Christie, Mark Zuckerberg (EXCLUSIVE), Variety, July 2, 2013
- Fisher, Carrie. Wishful Drinking. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2009.
- "Princess Carrie Settles Scores". New York Post. October 20, 2008. Retrieved 2011-06-23.